Nusa Penida from Sanur Ferry Tickets and Times in 2021
It seems like a jungle of information is on the web explaining how to get from Sanur to Nusa Penida and after searching through the jungle I still couldn’t find my answer. So I did the route myself, so here is my how to get from Bali to Nusa Penida travel guide.
The best way to get from Bali to Nusa Penida is by speedboat. On a Half-Day Tour, you will get a chance to spend time on one of the most famous beaches in Bali – Dreamland Beach (you won’t be able to see all of this amazing beach because there are often lots of other groups who make reservations in advance). Then, the night before the Full Day Tour, we will take you and your party out on a caving tour on Gili Tepekong for some really cool spelunking!
Also, check out the Nusa Penida hotels here for some wanderlust inspiration!
Sanur Ferry to Nusa Penida Ticket Price
The ferry ticket price from Sanur to Nusa Penida is 400,000 Indonesian Rupiah ($27). However, you can get the price for lower if you want to barter on the price.
If you’re wondering where to get a ticket for the ferry, there are Bali excursion stands dotted all over, approach the bored-looking guy behind the stand and tell him you want to travel to Nusa Penida. He will tell you different costs, but you just need to barter down on the price! We booked our boat ticked the night before, and just made our way to the pier in the morning.
Okay that’s your ticket but that only gets you to the North island Lembongan, you need the third Island Nusa Penida.
Book here: ferry to Nusa Penida
How to get from Sanur (Bali) to Nusa Lembongan?
Nusa Lembongan is one of the popular three Nusa Islands and one that’s not to be missed! Here’s how to get from Sanur to Nusa Lembongan
One of the popular ferry companies are Scoot Cruises and they operate multiple daily speed boat services from Bali to Nusa Lembongan each day. But how longs does the ferry take to get to Nusa Lembongan? The ferry crossing time from Sanur to Lembongan is approximately 35 minutes – depending on the Bali weather!
Scoot cruises prices?
The prices of the Scoot ferry vary, however, to be fair, they’re a reliable service. But, to be honest, 12Go Asia ferries are my go-to companies. They’re reliable, and make sure all the customers are looked after! They will, of course, offer a refund for any boat journies cancelled!
Book here: ferry to Nusa Lembongan
Nusa Penida to Sanur by boat
Let’s go through this nice and easy to get you to the island as easy and cheaply as possible;
- With your boat ticket from Bali to Nusa Penida, they will pick you up from your hotel at 800am, although ours didn’t show up till 835am! The driver will then take you to a beach hotel, where you wonder what’s going on like we did and our driver couldn’t speak English. We waited anxiously.
- A guy turned up for us and took us to the back of the hotel, where there was boats waiting and other eager backpackers. There you will set off to Lembongan, our boat took around 30 mins. But you can pay more for a speed boat, we was happy to enjoy the views.
- when you arrive at Lembongan, you will take a free shuttle in something I would call a farm van, which drives for roughly 5 minutes, not far. From there you go to another port.
- From Sanur port, you will pay a local ferryman 60,000 Rupiah per person to take you to Nusa Penida. The boat ride takes bout 20 mins.
- When you travel to Nusa Penida stops, you can pick up a scooter for 60,000 Rupiah a day, now you can get to any hotel on Nusa Penida within over an hour or less.
- Hope you enjoyed the top tips from how to get from Bali to Nusa Penida in a few hours, you can get to Kelingking beach or any other point of interest within the same day.
You will like
How long is the boat ride to Nusa Penida?
If you’re departing from Sanur and making your way to Nusa Penida on the ferry, the time will take you approximately 50 minutes. Obviously this depends on the weather.
If you’re travelling from Kusaba beach Khungkung to Nusa Penida, you can expect a 40 minute ferry time.
Book here: ferry to Nusa Penida
Sanur to Nusa Penida fast boat price
The cost of a fast boat from Sanur to Penida is $9 – $12. You find plenty of places to buy your fast boat ticket.
Ferry to Nusa Penida from Sanur ferry times?
The Sanur Nusa Penida ferry route is currently operated by 2 ferry boat companies. So, here’s how the ferry times work;
- The popular tourist Marlin Fast Boat service runs up to 7 times per day with a sailing duration of around 45 minutes
- The Crown Fast Cruise service runs up to 3 times per day with a duration from 45 minutes
Bali to Nusa Penida 1 day trip
Nusa Penida is an island of adventure. From diving, snorkeling, to white sand beaches, it has it all. One day you can spend your time exploring the white water rafting jungle rivers or take a guided trek above the clouds in Nusa Penida to discover ancient temples and secret waterfalls. Just be sure to see the hidden beach on the top of the island for sunset! Ahh this place is heaven. Four elements adventure offers custom tours and experiences in Nusa Penida so whether you want to go river tubing, scuba diving, or just a tour to
If you wanted, you can take the speedboat for a day trip to Nusa Penida. In fact this is a very popular option for tourists visiting Bali. You can visit a lot of the popular options in one day such as;
There’s plenty of tour companies offering the one day Bali to Nusa Penida speedboat tour.
How to get from Bali airport to Nusa Penida?
The easiest way to get to Nusa Penida from Bali Airport (Ngurah Rai Airport) is to jump in a local taxi. Ask them to take you to Sanur harbour. The ride from Bali Airport to Sanur harbour will take around 35 minutes (depending on traffic).
then, you can either stay overnight at Sanur Harbour, or if you are in time. You can get the ferry straight to Nusa Penida!
Padang Bai to Nusa Penida
If you want to travel to Nusa Penida from Padang Bai, there’s a public car ferry which takes passengers daily from the port at Sampalan to Padang Bai on Bali, and it only takes about two hours.
Here’s a top tip; Please be careful of leaving valuables lying around in your vehicle on this ferry. Why? People have had gear stolen from their car on this car ferry.
The times and frequency of this car ferry change frequently and are erratic. Also, you will want to make sure you have contact with your accommodation in Nusa Penida and Padang Bai, to let them know about any changes of the journey!
Book here: ferry to Nusa Penida
Is Nusa Penida worth visiting?
Nusa Penida has risen to be one of the most popular places to visit in Bali – because of social media. However, Lembongan and Ceningan should not be dismissed! There are lots of top things to do on Nusa Penida such as Kelingking beach and Broken beach – believe me, you will have an amazing vacation on Nusa Penida!
You can also check out my Nusa Lembongan to Nusa Penida guide!