Top tips how to get from Bali to Nusa Penida on a budget
It seems like a jungle of information is on the web explaining how to get from Bali to Nusa Penida and after searching through the jungle I still couldn’t find my answer. So I did the route myself, so here is my how to get from Bali to Nusa Penida travel guide.
I travelled from Denpasar to Nusa Penida to visit Kelingking Beach and the other places to see on the island.
Let’s go through this nice and easy to get you to the island as easy and cheaply as possible.
- There are Bali excursion stands dotted all over, approach the bored looking guy behind the stand and tell him you want travel to Nusa Penida.
- He will offer you a ticket for around 450,000 Indonesian Rupiah, from there say no lower. He will go to 400,000 last offer, pretend to walk away and say 375,000. He went for it, yippee 75,000 cheaper per person.
- Okay that’s your ticket but that only gets you to the North island Lembongan, you need the third Island Nusa Penida.
- With this ticket they will pick you up from your hotel at 800am, although ours didn’t show up till 835am! The driver will then take you to a beach hotel, where you wonder what’s going on like we did and our driver couldn’t speak English. We waited anxiously.
- A guy turned up for us and took us to the back of the hotel, where there was boats waiting and other eager backpackers. There you will set off to Lembongan, our boat took around 30 mins. But you can pay more for a speed boat, we was happy to enjoy the views.
- when you arrive at Lembongan, you will take a free shuttle in something I would call a farm van, which drives for roughly 5 minutes, not far. From there you go to another port.
- From this port you will pay a local ferry man 60,000 Rupiah per person to take you to Nusa Penida. The boat ride takes bout 20 mins.
- When you travel to Nusa Penida stops, you can pick up a scooter for 60,000 Rupiah a day, now you can get to any hotel on Nusa Penida within over an hour or less.
- Hope you enjoyed the top tips from how to get from Bali to Nusa Penida in a few hours, you can get to Kelingking beach or any other point of interest within the same day.
You will like