United States Travel Guides
“Take me on a trip I’d like to go someday… Take me to New York, I’d love to see LA… I really want to come kick it with you… You’ll be my American boy” – American Boy by Estelle (2008)
The United States of America, or the USA, is the world’s third-largest country, so it’s pretty hard to find a place in the world that’s more varied in terms of landscape anywhere else in the world.
From the freezing Alaskan glaciers to the arid Arizonian deserts, the sun-kissed beaches vastly dominating the states of California, Florida, and Hawaii, to the majestic and elaborate Rocky Mountains, travelling to the USA will be nothing but an understatement.
The USA can offer any scene whenever and wherever, find it in America – and plenty more. Let’s go!
The United States of America has Washington DC as its capital city. Its current population is around 327 million, generally using the English language to communicate.
However, since it has become the ‘world’s melting pot of cultures,’ expect to hear almost any language in the world spoken within its borders. Americans use American dollars (USD) as the main currency.
This country’s international dialing code is +1 and uses a voltage of 120V 60Hz A&B. Because of its massive land area, it has six (6) time zones within its territory, namely:
- Eastern – (EST) GMT-5 / (EDT) GMT-4
- Central – (CST) GMT-6 / (CDT) GMT-5
- Mountain – (MST) GMT-7 / (MDT) GMT-6
- Pacific – (PST) GMT-8 / (PST) GMT-7
- Alaskan – (AKST) GMT-9 / (AKDT) GMT-8
- Hawaii – (HST) GMT-10
When to Visit the USA
Probably the best time of the year to visit the USA will entirely be of significant dependence on the activity you want to do and experience before travelling there.
American summertime is the brightest time for northern areas, having the primary holiday season stretching from May to August. Ski resorts quickly pick up customers in the winter, and visiting during the spring or autumn periods helps avoid extreme temperatures.
For visas, find out about how to obtain visas on numerous UK foreign travel advice websites found online.
Experience the 50 States
From setting wheels and cruising across the countryside on the legendary Route 66 and having a stopover for Amarillo’s traditional steak, trying your best luck inside laborious casinos of Las Vegas, learning American history at North Carolina’s Museum of the Cherokee Indian, to witnessing the staggering yet amazing Grand Canyon views, every state and anywhere within them can surely satisfy anything you want to experience from your ‘American Dream.’
With 50 states, it can be time-consuming to go over each one intensively. So, here’s a simple travel guide to some of the best destination sites in each state:
- Alabama – experience their best peanuts, lovable southern hospitality, beautiful gulf coast beaches, and fantastic college football.
- Alaska – experience frigid glaciers, incredible national parks, the vast wildlife and wilderness, the famous Northern lights, the amazing midnight sun, and memorable cruises.
- Arizona – experience whole forests, extensive mountain ranges and canyons in the north, and hot desert temperate in the south. Visit national parks and monuments, forests, and canyons, including the famous Grand Canyon.
- Arkansas – experience its splendid lakes, rivers, and hot springs, the best rice and poultry production, and the only known active diamond mine in the USA.
- California – experience Hollywood and all its stars, Silicon Valley, amazing beaches and excellent surfing culture, giant trees inside the Yosemite National Park, and Death Valley.
- Colorado – experience gorgeous landscapes and wildlife and a wide variety of activities from hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, skiing to canoeing, or even simple unwinding amid lush nature.
- Connecticut – experience top tourist attractions such as the Mystic Seaport, the Yale University Museums, and the Mystic Aquarium and Institution for Exploration.
- Delaware – experience famous destination spots like the Rehoboth and Delaware Beaches, the Nemours Estate in Wilmington, and the Winterthur Museum and Gardens.
- Florida – experience your childhood dreams coming to life at Walt Disney World, the space frontier in Kennedy Space Center, the imaginative Universal Studios, and the magnificent Miami Beach.
- Georgia – experience exploring Rock City on Lookout Mountain, hike through Chattahoochee National Forest, the fantastic world of Coca-Cola, and the Center for Civil and Human Rights.
- Hawaii – experience the suns of Waikiki Beach, the majestic Diamond Head State Monument, the nostalgia of Pearl Harbor, and the heroism in the USS Arizona Memorial.
- Idaho – experience the famous Sun Valley Resort, take a moonwalk at the Craters of the Moon National Monument and have fun at the Sawtooth National Recreation Area.
- Illinois – experience the staggering heights of the Willis Tower Skydeck, the fabulous Millennium Park and Cloud Gate, and the Magnificent Mile in Chicago.
- Indiana – experience vast farmlands and a lot of corn, The Indy 500, the Steel Mills, the University of Notre Dame, and outstanding High school basketball.
- Iowa – experience the National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium and the National Czech and Slovak Museum and Library, and the state with the most significant number of pigs.
- Kansas – experience nature at the Botanica: Wichita Gardens, the patriotic Kansas State Capitol in Topeka, and the informative Eisenhower Presidential Library.
- Kentucky – experience the famous Kentucky Derby, the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory, and the Daniel Boone National Forest.
- Louisiana – experience the New Orleans’ French Quarter, the nostalgic National WWII Museum, the fun, and festive Mardi Gras, and the Melrose Plantation.
- Maine – experience the luscious Acadia National Park, the tranquility of The Old Port and Portland Head Lighthouse, and the Marginal Way and Ogunquit Beaches.
- Maryland – experience the Fort McHenry National Monument, the National Aquarium, and The Walters Art Museum.
- Massachusetts – the well-known Freedom Trail, the Faneuil Hall, the sands of the Cape Cod Beaches, and the Boston Common and Public Garden.
- Michigan – experience the Mackinac Island, the city of Detroit, the waters of the Great Lakes Bay, and the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Seashore.
- Minnesota – experience the aptly-named Superior National Forest and Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, see sights along the North Shore Scenic Drive, and explore the Paddle Voyageurs National Park.
- Mississippi – experience the Gulf Islands National Seashore, the Tupelo Automobile Museum, and the USS Cairo Museum at Vicksburg National Military Park.
- Missouri – experience the St. Louis Gateway Arch, the eargasm of the music in Branson, and the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.
- Montana – experience the Glacier National Park, the state’s National Forest, the speedy slopes at Big Sky Resort.
- Nebraska – experience the Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium in Omaha, the Omaha Old Market, and Ashland’s Strategic Air and Space Museum.
- Nevada – experience The Strip, the Fremont Street experience, and scenic helicopter rides over the LED-filled Las Vegas and the rocky Grand Canyon.
- New Hampshire – experience Mt. Washington and the cog railway, the Flume Gorge and Franconia Notch, and the Strawbery Banke.
- New Jersey – experience taking a stroll along the famous boardwalk of Atlantic City’s, visit the Old Victorian Cape May, and the Liberty State Park.
- New Mexico – experience the Carlsbad Caverns National Park, the White Sands National Monument, and the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta.
- New York – experience Lady Liberty herself, the Central Park, the Rockefeller Center, and the Rock Observation Deck rooftop.
- North Carolina – experience the Blue Ridge Parkway, Asheville’s Biltmore Estate, and the Outer Banks beaches.
- North Dakota – experience the Theodore Roosevelt National Park, the National Buffalo Museum, and the Knife River Indian Villages National Historic Site.
- Ohio – experience the famous Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the National Museum of the US Air Force, and the Cedar Point Amusement Park.
- Oklahoma – experience the historic Route 66, the Philbrook Museum of Art, and the Science Museum Oklahoma.
- Oregon – experience the Crater Lake National Park, the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, and Cannon Beach.
- Pennsylvania – experience the Independence National Park and the historic Liberty Bell, the Hershey Park, and the Gettysburg National Military Park.
- Rhode Island – experience The Breakers and the Cliff Walk in Newport and the Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence.
- South Carolina – experience Charleston’s Historic District, the well-known Myrtle Beach, the South Carolina Plantation Gardens, and the Hilton Head Island.
- South Dakota – experience the 4-headed Mount Rushmore National Monument, the Badlands National Park, and the Custer State Park.
- Tennessee – experience The Smokies: The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the King’s Graceland, and the Elvis Presley Memphis Complex.
- Texas – experience San Antonio’s River Walk, The Alamo, the Space Center Houston, and the Big Bend National Park.
- Utah – experience the Zion National Park, the Arches National Park, and the Monument Valley.
- Vermont – experience the Stowe, the Church Street Marketplace, and the Hildene.
- Virginia – experience the Shenandoah National Park and Skyline Drive, the Colonial Williamsburg, and the famous Virginia Beach.
- Washington – experience the Olympic National Park, the Seattle Center, the Space Needle, and the San Juan Islands.
- West Virginia – experience the Blackwater Falls State Park, the Monongahela National Forest, and Seneca Rocks.
- Wisconsin – experience the Oshkosh, the Taliesin: Frank Lloyd Wright’s perfect country home, and the Wisconsin State Capitol.
- Wyoming – experience Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Teton National Park Editor’s Pick.
Take note that is not yet a COMPLETE list of destinations each of the 50 states of the USA has to offer. You can follow our inventory or create and customise your list however you like it. Go ahead and visit now and have your own “Party in the USA!”