Cebu to Manila Ferry Timetable and Prices
Table of Contents
Looking to board the ferry from Cebu to Manila? I have everything you need to know in this guide!
When you want to mention big cities in the Philippines, one of them is Cebu city. So it’s an awesome place to visit before making your journey to Manila. Manila city is the capital of the Philippines and its highly urbanized and also the most densely populated city in the world, according to 2018 reports.
The city is located on the eastern shores of Manila with River Pasig flowing through the middle of the city, thus dividing it into north and south sections. The city serves as a favourite tourist destination across the world due to its hot tropical climate. Manila city is also known as a global city and its strength in arts, entertainment, finance, commerce, education, research and development, healthcare, tourism, and transport.
Get cheap tickets here!
Check out this Philippines travel itinerary!
Cebu to Manila Travel Schedule.
When you want to make your trip from Cebu to Manila, its better to make your travel plans well in advance. Switching between these two most urbanized city in the Philippines, be it for studies, family, work, or even mini-vacations, traveling to and fro while booking flight tickets can rack up your expenditures. If you have more time to spend, and also you want to minimize your expenses, taking a direct ferry is the best option as this option is more laid back and budget-friendly.
The main ferry company operating in this region is the 2Go ferry, it operates within Cebu port to Manila and back. If you are planning to ride Cebu to Manila 2Go ferry, you have to go to Cebu City Pier 1, and after 22 hours of sea travel, you will be landing at Manila pier 4. Normally, the variation might occur, but it is advisable to regularly check the departure timetable every month. The current departure timetable from Cebu pier 1 to Manila pier 4 is as follows:
- Tuesday from 11:30 AM to 9:30 AM
- Thursday from 11:30 AM to 9:30 AM
- Thursday from 12:30 AM to 10:30 PM
- Friday from10:30 PM to 8:30 PM
- Sunday from 2:00 PM to 12:00 PM
Manila Pier 4 to Cebu Pier 1 Ferry Travel Schedule.
From Manila to Cebu international port, there are five departures a day in a week. This makes it more flexible for Cebu bound passengers to select their preferred travel date. Although the travel time is equal to that of Cebu to Manila (22 hours), it is wise to note that these timetables are subject to change without notice. The current departure timetable from Manila Pier 4 to Cebu international port Pier 1 is as follow:
- Monday from 8:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Tuesday from 9:00 AM to 7:00 AM
- Wednesday from 8:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Friday from 9:00 AM to 7:00 AM
- Sunday from 9:00 AM to 7:00 AM
Super ferry Cebu to manila
Super Ferry is the only direct way to Cebu and Manila from Cagayan de Oro City at present in terms of transportation. The boat leaves once in a day and takes five hours one-way. Due to this reason; there are several more interesting things you can discover about CDO as a tourist destination, beyond the gold sand beaches on Tambalan Island.
Cebu to Manila/Manila to Cebu ferry prices
There is a very big difference in each accommodation. This usually depends on the ticket type 2Go ferry tickets are booked online to save time and effort. It is advised you reserve your slot earlier to avoid any inconveniences from arising. The classes are:
Super Value Class
Cebu to Manila Ferry price: 1,599 PHP/ Manila to Cebu Ferry Price 1,428 PHP.
Super value class offers the cheapest ticket option. There will be a bunk of bed assigned to you on the outer surfaces of the ferry.
Get cheap tickets here!
Mega Value Class
Cebu to Manila Ferry Price 1,785 PHP/ Manila to Cebu Ferry Price 1,496 PHP.
Comparing to a super value class, this class is slightly expensive. Though the difference in value is negligible, there is little difference as your bunk will now be in an air-conditioned section hence giving you the value than the former class.
Cebu to Manila Ferry Price/ Manila to Cebu Ferry Price 1,845 PHP.
From these ticket prices, you will realize that for both routes, tickets have the same rates. In this section, beds are shared but still enclosed in a smaller area.
Cebu to Manila Ferry Price/ Manila to Cebu Ferry Price 2,192 PHP.
You will have to realize that in these tickets, there is also an increase in terms of expense. This class is more comfortable compared to the other tickets. It is in this cabin where beds will come with a light divider and is also equipped with a television and a desk. There are more privacy and comfort in this cabin hence making this cabin suitable for only one person.
Cebu to Manila Ferry Price/ Manila to Cebu Ferry Price 2,499 PHP.
Here comes the best cabin. The cabin consists of a more spacious room with fewer people boarded. The maximum capacity of this cabin is four people. At this cabin, you will get a blanket assigned for you, like in-cabin six, this cabin is also suitable for a single ticket as only one person will be accommodated.
Check: Ferry Availability
Advantages of boarding Cebu to Manila ferry
Room to breathe.
The ferry will offer you a chance to stroll the window and enjoy the sea views. Ferry also allows you to walk around and stretch your legs. You can also wander in the shop to get fresh air and enjoy any wildlife swimming by.
Time to yourself.
It is very important to have your own space and privacy while travelling. This ferries will give you a quiet place for you to retire and get some rest.
Check: Ferry Availability
Cebu to Manila flight
The quickest way to Manila from Cebu is by catching a flight. You will be able to hop on a plane at the Cebu Airport and fly directly into the Manila airport.
You can get a flight for about the cost of $30. You may even be able to get it for $25 depending on the season of the year.
Check: Flight Availability
Summary of travel tips
Here’s a summary of tips for your journey:
- Book your ferry ticket in advance to avoid any last-minute stress. You can book online or at the ferry terminal.
- Arrive at the ferry terminal early to ensure a smooth boarding process. Aim to arrive at least an hour before departure time.
- Pack light so you can easily carry your belongings on and off the ferry. Consider bringing a small backpack or carry-on bag.
- Wear comfortable clothes so you can relax during the journey. The ferry can get chilly, so consider bringing a light jacket or sweater.
- Bring some snacks and drinks to keep yourself fueled during the journey. You can also purchase food and drinks on board, but it’s always good to have some options.
- Consider bringing entertainment to pass the time. You can bring a book, download some movies or TV shows to watch, or even bring a deck of cards to play with fellow passengers.
- If you’re prone to seasickness, consider bringing some medication to alleviate any discomfort. You can also purchase motion sickness medication at the ferry terminal or on board.
- Take advantage of the amenities on board to enhance your experience. Some ferries have lounges, cafes, and even sleeping cabins.
- Enjoy the journey and take in the beautiful scenery along the way. The ferry ride from Cebu to Manila is a great opportunity to see more of the Philippines.
Where To Stay in Manilla?
There are many places to stay in Manilla. If you are simple, you can rent a room at one of the local hotels. If you are rich, there are plenty of high-rise hotels with all the amenities. There are also some good mid-range hotels, which are often used by businessmen who have to go there on short notice.
Getting the Cebu to Manila ferry is easy and cheap!
Check out this other useful Philippines travel guides;
- Cebu to Palawan ferry
- Cebu to Bohol ferry
- Coron to Puerta Princesa ferry
- Puerta Princesa to Coron ferry