WHAT THINGS TO DO IN NUSA LEMBONGAN
Nusa Lembongan is an awesome small island belonging to the province of Bali. Located 20 km south of the island of Bali, Nusa Lembongan along with Nusa Penida and Nusa Ceningan are 3 islands that stand out for their beauty, amazing culture and an epic hub for backpackers. Also, there is plenty of epic things to do on Nusa Lembongan island.
If you are here to know how to get to Nusa Lembongan and what things to do in Nusa Lembongan then you are at right place. In this article, I will give you below all the information you need to know including where to stay on Nusa Lembongan and how to visit Nusa Penida.
Okay let’s look exactly what’s on this post for you to explore;
- Nusa Lembongan itinerary for the tourist poins
- How to get to Nusa Lembongan
- Where to stay on Nusa Lembongan
- Where to visit in Bali next
HOW TO GO TO NUSA LEMBONGAN FROM BALI
The best way to go from Bali to Nusa Lembongan is at any of the speed boats of the companies that operate this route. The speed boats (30 min journey) depart from Sanur and leave you at the beaches of Jungut Batu or Mushroom Bay in Nusa Lembongan.
These speed boats are faster and offer more variety of schedules than the public ferry, which departs only once a day 10 am
How much is the speedboat from Bali to Nusa Lembongan? The boat journey will cost you around (100000 IDR or $7.14).
You can book the speedboat ticket here.
HOW TO GO TO NUSA LEMBONGAN FROM THE GILI ISLANDS?
From the Gili islands, you can go to Nusa Lembongan on a speed boat. All the companies that operate the route from Bali arrive either to Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno or Gili Air.
You can book a cheap ticket here.
HOW TO GET FROM LOMBOK TO NUSA LEMBONGAN?
From Senggigi or Bangsal ( Lombok ) you can also go by speed boat to Nusa Lembongan. Lombok is another amazing place to visit near the Nusa islands.
You can book a cheap ticket here.
HOW TO GO FROM NUSA PENIDA TO NUSA LEMBONGAN?
From the neighboring island of Nusa Penida (Toyapakeh or Buyuk Harbor) you can also go to Nusa Lembongan (Jungut Batu). There is no public ferry that makes the route between the islands, there are only boats that depart from 6 am to 6 pm when you have a minimum number of passengers. The price is around 50,000 IDR.
You can book a cheap ticket here.
How to get around Nusa Lembongan
Nusa Lembingan is not really a big island and is quite easy to get around to be fair, although the island is still being developed. However, it’s being developed more quickly now due to all the tourists that want to see this awesome Nusa island.
So what is the best way to get travel around Nusa Lembongan? You can get around Nusa Lembongan on foot, by bike (rental costs about $ 3-4 per day) and by fishing boats ($ 3-5 per trip).
THINGS TO DO ON NUSA LEMBONGAN
The main attractions and things to do in Nusa Lembongan would be the following:
1. Visit the Nusa Lembongan beaches
Jungut Batu and Mushroom Bay are the most famous beaches on Nusa Lembongan. Jungut Batu is located in the north-west of Lembongan, where you should go in search of cheap hotels and restaurants, as well as for stunning sunsets.
If you come to surf, then the best place to live is in Jugut Batu. From Jungut Batu Beach, there are only three main Lembongan spots – Playgrounds, Shipwreck and Lacerations.
Mushroom Bay is a beautiful bay in the south-west of Jungut Batu. The beach has amazing white sand, which is especially sweet after three o’clock in the afternoon, when all the tourists who came to Lembongan for one day already return back to Bali, and the beach is empty.
You can also grab yourself some decent food here as well. From Jungut Batu Beach to Bay Route, you can walk along the beach in 35 minutes.
2. Discover its incredible and spectacular cliffs
As in Bali, the coast of Nusa Lembongan has spectacular cliffs and surf areas. For its beauty stands out especially Devils Tear and its incredible breakwater.
The cliffs of the Nusa Islands give you the chance to take some of the best photography you will take in the whole of Southeast Asia, the views are incredible.
You should know that the Lembongan cliffs can be very steep and dangerous in some places, so make sure to take your time near the edge. Also, don’t be silly and try taking dangerous selfies. There has been to many accidents from travel tourists trying to take a cool but dangerous photo. We all want to take awesome photo, but just be-careful!
Another place that you should not miss is the Blue Lagoon area (in neighbouring Nusa Ceningan).
3. Surfing and diving on Nusa Lembongan
Surfing. There are three surf spots on Lembongan, in the days of big swell there are waves of good sizes, but almost all are many people on the lineup. There are several surf schools on Lembonga that offer out rental boards.
The spot for beginners and followers – Playgrounds (although for the former, it is suitable only if it is not very large), it works both at high tide and low tide. Two other spots — Shipwreck and Lacerations — are more suitable for more experienced less experienced surfers; spots work best on high water.
You can do a 2 day / 2 night surf and stay. Check value tickers here
Diving on Nusa Lembongan. There are several diving spots and a large number of dive centers on Lembongan, most of them are located in Jungut Batu.
For those who are interested in serious diving, the ideal option is booking a boat for the whole day and visiting dive spots not only for Nusa Lembongan but also for the neighboring islands (Nusa Ceningan and Nusa Penida), on the latter diving is considered more interesting than on Lembongan.
But since the islands are located very close to each other, you can settle on Lembongan, and dive everywhere.
4. Snorkelling on Nusa Lembongan
Over in this side of the world in Indonesia, snorkelling is one of the best activites you can do. Bali has some of the best snorkelling sites in the world and Nusa Lembongan offers its fair share of awesome snorkelling sites.
Snorkeling: It is not necessary to be an experienced diver to admire the underwater world around these islands. You can simply dive with a mask, rental of a mask costs about $ 3-5 per day.
Interesting places to snorkel on Nusa Lembongan: Mushroom Bay, Manta Point (Manta point), Crystal Bay (Crystal Bay).
This is one of the awesome activites on Nusa Lembingan to check out. You can do a snorkelling tour if you wanted from Bali to Nusa Lembongan if you wanted. There is plenty of epic tours from Bali to the Nusa islands, you just need to pick which is the best one for you.
5. Visit Nusa Ceningan:
United by a small suspension bridge to Nusa Lembongan, Nusa Ceningan is a small island that is ideal for a one-way trip.
This is one of the awesome 3 Nusa islands that you should check out! If you’re wondering which island is the best, I would have to go with Nusa Penida, although Nusa Lembongan is a top island to visit in Bali.
6. Explore the Nusa Lembongan mangroves
The entire northwest coast of the Nusa Lembongan island is covered by mangroves and these mangroves are an own and basic ecosystem of the island because apart from protecting it from currents and waves, it serves as a refuge and nursery area for hundreds of species, both terrestrial and marine. In Nusa Lembongan.
7. Explore the local culture
Like Bali, Nusa Lembongan is an island with a Hindu majority and one of the main attractions of the island is to visit the main temple of the island, the Puncak Sari.
It’s also an awesome experience taking a scooter and driving through the local villages, you should take some time out to talk to the locals. The locals will be interested in your story from where ever your from in the world.
8. Swimming with Manta Rays
Swimming with Manta Rays in Nusa Lembongan is one of the coolest things you can do when visiting this epic island. Yes you will have the opportunity to swim with these amazing things as they gracefully feed in their natural feeding ground.
Things to know;
- Just be respectful of the Manta rays in their natural grounds
- Be careful in what you’re doing, don’t get too excited and forget to stay safe 🙂
- You should take an underwater camera along with you to this amazing Nusa Lembongan tourist point
9. Visit Nusa Penida island
Nusa Penida is one of the best islands in the world to visit in my eyes, it is an island of real-paradise, amazing beaches, jaw-dropping cliffs and awesome culture.
Nusa Penida is one of the three Nusa islands that are located not too far from the main coast of Bali. So, if you’re travelling to Nusa Lembongan, then you have got to visit Nusa Penida.
What are the best places to see on Nusa Penida?
- broken beach nusa Penida
- Angels billabong Nusa Penida
- Crystal Bay Beach
- Nusa Penida treehouse
- Peguyangan waterfall Nusa Penida
- Kelingking beach
Accommodation on Nusa Lembongan
If you’re looking for places to stay on Nusa Lembongan, there are plenty of cheap hotels and bungalows costing an average of Rs 100,000-250,000 per room ($ 10-25). The cheapest is located on Jungut Batu. But if you are ready to spend some money, then the best choice is a bungalow right on a cliff, with a great view of the ocean. These bungalows will cost from $ 70 to $ 100 per room. And this is a great price to spend the night on a cliff by the ocean.
Here is some of the best hotels on Nusa Lembongan;
- The Tarci Bungalows are perfect for backpackers looking for a cheap place to stay for the night on Nusa Lembongan. The staff here are amazing and will treat you very well, it’s also in a perfect location as well! There will be clean rooms for you and hot running water, which is always epic after a day exploring Nusa Lembongan and a room here will cost you under ($20). Book Room
- The Pacific Inn on Nusa Lembongan is another cheap place to stay for backpackers on the island (we love a good bargain). If you want a room with an amazing view then this is the place to stay. The Pacific Inn is one of the best beach hotels on Nusa Penida and the views are absolutely amazing. The breakfast is nothing to scream about, it’s just the basic eggs and juice, but this is good enough for us! If you’re looking for a cheap room, you will be glad to know a room here is under ($20) a night. Book Room
- Mahagiri Resort Nusa Lembongan is one of the sweetest places to stay on Nusa Lembongan and the resort is in probably the best location on Nusa Lembongan. Sitauted on a stunning white beach, you can watch the sunrise and sunset here. Also, guests can dive straight in to the water activites available in the sea here. Overall, making this probably the ultimate accommodation on Nusa Lembongan. Book Room
BACKPACKING NUSA LEMBONGAN TIPS
- Jungut Batu is not a port and the boats leave you in the same sand on the beach.
- You can make reservations for your speed boat tickets from any travel agency or hotel in Bali. In these reservations, you will include the transfer from the port to your hotel.
- Remember that the main ports where the speed boats will leave you in Nusa Lembongan are Jungut Batu or Mushroom Bay.
- The best way to tour the island is by motorcycle or rented bicycle.
WHERE TO NEXT?
After here I highly recommend going check out the activities on Nusa Penida or getting a boat back to mainland Bali and visit Ubud. Probably my favourite place in Bali, the awesome Ubud town.
- Tegallalang rice terraces Ubud
- Bali monkey forest
- Pura Tirta Empul
- Best things to do in Ubud
- Jungle Fish Ubud
- Bali swing in Ubud