Atuh Beach Nusa Penida in Bali
Atuh Beach Nusa Penida, or Pantai Atuh, is a hidden beach located on the southeast coast of the island of Nusa Penida. The beach is isolated from beautiful green cliffs, while several limestone rock formations surround it, adding beauty to the area. You can access the white-sand beach from a specially designed staircase or try the narrow paths along a steep cliff if you’re feeling adventurous. The beach is ideal for relaxing with spectacular views. However, the waters are not always conducive to swimming. If you are visiting Nusa Penida for atleast 1 night, then I would highly recommend visiting Nusa Penida. There is also plenty of sweet places to stay on Nusa Penida.
Checkout the Nusa Penida tour in Bali
Nusa Penida is famous for someone of the most stunning things to see in Bali and probably the rest of the world. There is things like Kelingking secret point beach, the broken beach and the amazing waterfalls on Nusa penida.
The beach is isolated from beautiful green cliffs, while several limestone rock formations surround it, adding beauty to the area.
Visiting Atuh Beach Nusa Penida
There are four main rocky outcrops and islets on the coast of Atuh Beach Nusa Penida. All this contributes to the breathtaking view. Named by locals like Melawang Batu, Batu Abah, Batu and Bukit Pavone Jineng, it is Bukit Jineng, also known as Batu Bolong or “hollow rock” is more evident with its arched shape. Because of its remote location, you probably have the beach for yourself for most of your visit. Low tides often reveal puddles rocks where you can see fish and marine life waiting to go to the next tide.
Check out the best things to do Nusa Penida
Swimming in the waves beyond rock pools is not recommended and there is no lifeguard. Local sellers sometimes sell drinks and sandwiches. As the most isolated island of Nusa Penida beaches, it is best to go to Atuh Beach motorbike. It is a two-hour trip from the main port on the northwest coast of the island. The descent to the beach takes about half an hour and the view is worth it, especially if you are a beach lover.
Among the beaches of Nusa Penida Treasure Island, Atuh Beach takes place on one of the most beautiful beaches with spectacular views.
The view is really a breath of fresh air. The green-blue ocean is well protected by the steep peaks of the mountains and the perfectly distributed strip of sand just waiting to be stepped on.
This beach is called “hidden beach” because it is very well protected from the cliffs, which makes it difficult to locate it.
In addition to the usual beach activities, such as enjoying the tranquility of the sea breeze while searching in a book, you can also snorkel, dive or jump the cliff arch.
Check out the broken beach nusa Penida
The beach offers a mix of everything. You have crystal clear water, white sand, the incredible view from the top, a spectacular way to cross and a sort of harmony that you will not find anywhere else. This is definitely one of the best beaches on Nusa Penida.
A list of Kelingking beach tour speedboats for how to get to Kelingking beach Nusa Penida;
How to Get to Atuh Beach
- Atuh beach is located on the east coast of the island of Nusa Penida, whose exact location or cumulative is located in the town of Pejukutan, Nusa Penida, Kelungkung regency, Bali, Indonesia.
- Atuh Beach is a relatively unknown place on the island of Nusa Penida, located south of Nusa Lembongan and on the mainland of Bali.
- Arriving at Atuh Beach, you have to go to Nusa Penida Island. You can take a fast boat from different continental ports of Bali.
- Regular motorboat services provide daily connections between Nusa Penida and Sanur in the south of Bali, and between Nusa Penida and Padang Bai Kusamba and east of Bali.
- If you stay in Nusa Lembongan or Nusa Ceningan, you can take a boat in front of the yellow bridge.
- In Sanur, the boats leave from the end of Jalan Hang Tuah to various destinations in Nusa Penida, according to the company.
- The ticket costs IDR 175,000 per person per trip. You can buy it at the dock and leave it at least once a day.
- The journey takes between 30 and 45 minutes, depending on the weather and the wave; In bad weather, travel can be difficult.
- There is a Padang Bai public boat in East Bali, and the cost is much cheaper than a fast boat, but it takes about 2 hours to get to the island.
- One ticket for the passenger ferry is IDR 31,000 per person per trip and can be purchased at 10:00 am within the building called “Loket”.
- From the port, you can rent bikes for 75 000 IDR per day, but be prepared for a bumpy road and many holes to avoid, which requires more energy. As long as you like riding a motorcycle and not being in a hurry, everything will be fine.
- After a half hour ride along the coastal road, you will get to the beach and you can start your adventure while parking at the cliff top.
- When you walk near the cliff, get ready for a walk on the beach. You will notice a concrete staircase built for the villagers who come to visit the nearby temple to worship the god of the sea.
- And now you’ll be on the pristine white sand beach Atuh, with the vast blue ocean in front of you waiting to be explored.
Check out the Tegallalang rice terraces in Ubud
Atuh Beach Nusa Penida Entrance Fee
- At the moment there is no entrance fee required to the lookouts of Thousand Island Viewpoint at Atuh Beach, it just small amount of 5,000 IDR for parking.
- However to get the beach you have to pay an entrance of 10,000 IDR per person which collected by local villagers due to use a private land area.
- Best time to visit Atuh Beach Nusa Penida?
- The best time to visit Atuh Beach is in the morning, around 5:30 am, for sunrise due to the location of Atuh Beach facing east.
- That said, if you’re planning a good sunrise in Nusa Penida, then Atuh Beach, Molenteng Beach or Rumah Pohon Tree House and Thousand Island Lookout are arguably the best places in the East. On the beach, Atuh needs about an hour to take pictures. The views and nature are amazing and really a great place.
Where to stay in Nusa Penida
There are many places to stay in Nusa Penida, but these are some of the many places. Accommodation on Nusa Penida is a backpacker’s dream.
There is hostels on Nusa Penida have some of the mast amazing views you will find in Bali. There’s not a better feeling than waking up in paradise next to a beach and palm trees.
- Krisna Guest House Nusa Penida – This amazing guesthouse on Nusa Penida is a great place to stay for staying just a few nights on the island. There is fast WiFi., which is unusual for hotels on Nusa Penida and there is also great TV available. There is large shower rooms available in all rooms and comfortable beds to sleep in. Breakfast is also provided in the morning and its real tasty. This hotel also offers a small pool to use for guests and there is an in-house restaurant for a good price. Overall this is satisfying accommodation on Nusa Penida.
- Apit Lawang – For budget travelers, Apit Lawang dorms offer one of the best deals in Nusa Penida: the air-conditioned room is not only clean and spacious, but has a suitable box-spring bed (no bunk beds) and uses the shared pool with more expensive bungalows, and finally, they are two minutes’ walk from the sea.
- Bintang Bungalows Nusa Penida – Yoy will have a great time in this hotel. It is in a great location, close to the main attractions on Nusa Penida. The staff are very keen to help you booking activities or renting scooters and give advice on where to go and what to do on Nusa Penida. The food from the hotel is local and tasty. Also the rooms a very clean and it feels warm to stay in them. This is definitely one of the best places to stay on Nusa Penida.
- Nusa Garden Bungalow – If you are looking for a cheap place to stay on Nusa Penida then this is. It is in a great location for everything you need whilst staying on the island. Also, there is good WiFi available for guests. WiFi is not great at a lot of you may stay at Nusa Penida.
- Semabu Hills Hotel Nusa Penida – If you are looking for a more luxurious place to stay on Nusa Penida then here it is. This is a perfect stay for honeymoon holidays in Bali that are looking to visit Nusa Penida. You can book a one or two day tour to Nusa Penida and stay at this amazing hotel. There is a huge and glamorous infinity pool with a stunning view for you to enjoy. There is huge family rooms for those on a family holiday and this comes at a very affordable price. At this top hotel on Nusa Penida breakfast is also included and is very tasty. Also, you will discover the staff are very friendly. This hotel is a great place to stay.
The Atuh beach Nusa penida is one of the best things you can do on Nusa Penida. The road is a little tricky getting to the beach, but it’s totally worth it. As you can see from the Atuh Beach Photos it is absolutely stunning. Everywhere on Nusa Penida is amazing, the island is my favourite places to visit in Bali. The food is mega and the accomodation on Penida is so cheap. You can get a private room for $10 a night.
Don’t forget if you are doing a stay on Nusa Penida then you should try and check out Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan as they are amazing aswel. Then you should head over to the Gili islands 🙂
Check out Kelingking secret point beach