How to do the epic Atuh Beach Nusa Penida in Bali
Atuh Beach Nusa Penida, or Pantai Atuh, is a hidden beach located on the southeast coast of the island of Nusa Penida. The beach is isolated from beautiful green cliffs, while several limestone rock formations surround it, adding beauty to the area. You can access the white-sand beach from a specially designed staircase or try the narrow paths along a steep cliff if you’re feeling adventurous. You will want to see the Atuh beach sunrise or the Atuh beach treehouse. Nusa Penida has some amazing places to visit like Peguyangan waterfall which is the best waterfall on the island.
The beach is ideal for relaxing with spectacular views. However, the waters are not always conducive to swimming. If you are visiting Nusa Penida for at least 1 night, then I would highly recommend visiting Nusa Penida. There is also plenty of sweet places to stay on Nusa Penida such as the Nusa Penida treehouse (Rumah Pohon).
The beach is isolated from beautiful green cliffs, while several limestone rock formations surround it, adding beauty to the area.
Review of Atuh Beach Nusa Penida, Bali
There are four main rocky outcrops and islets on the coast of Atuh Beach Nusa Penida Bali. All this contributes to the breathtaking view. Named by locals like Melawang Batu, Batu Abah, Batu and Bukit Pavone Jineng, it is Bukit Jineng, also known as Batu Bolong or “hollow rock” is more evident with its arched shape. Because of its remote location, you probably have one of the best Nusa Penida beaches for yourself for most of your visit. Low tides often reveal puddles rocks where you can see fish and marine life waiting to go to the next tide.
If you love amazing places in Indonesia, you need to check out the best things to do on the Gili Trawangan island.
Swimming in the Nusa Penida Atuh beach waves beyond rock pools is not recommended and there is no lifeguard. Local sellers sometimes sell drinks and sandwiches. As the most isolated island of Nusa Penida beaches, it is best to go to Atuh Beach motorbike. It is a two-hour trip from the main port on the northwest coast of the island. The descent to the beach takes about half an hour and the view is worth it, especially if you are a beach lover.
Among the beaches of Nusa Penida Treasure Island, Atuh Beach Bali takes place on one of the most beautiful beaches with spectacular views.
The view is really a breath of fresh air. The green-blue ocean is well protected by the steep peaks of the mountains and the perfectly distributed strip of sand just waiting to be stepped on.
The Nusa Penida Atuh beach is also called “hidden beach” because it is very well protected from the cliffs, which makes it difficult to locate it.
In addition to the usual beach activities, such as enjoying the of the sea breeze while searching in a book, you can also snorkel, dive or jump the cliff arch.
Or, what about the Maya Bay in Thailand!
Atuh beach,Bali offers a mix of everything. You have crystal clear water, white sand, the incredible view from the top, a spectacular way to cross and a sort of harmony that you will not find anywhere else. This is definitely one of the best beaches on Nusa Penida.
Atuh Beach Cliff Jumping
The Atuh beach cliff jump is one to check out if you’re feeling adventurous. Be aware to jump with extreme caution if that’s what you’re attempting to do!
Not everyone will be visiting here to jump. So you should take full advantage of the Instagram photo opportunities available as the scenery of the Atuh beach cliff is amazing. Also, this is a sweet place to take the GoPro.
How to Get to Atuh Beach and Nusa Penida in Bali
Getting from Bali to Nusa Penida – To get to the Crystal Bay beach you would first have to reach Nusa Penida which is in the southeast of Bali. One could easily get a fast boat from the several ports in mainland Bali such as the speedboat from Sanur to the Nusa Penida island. Also a regular speed boat can also be taken. These boats are easily available and go back and forth Bali, Nusa Penida and the islands surrounding Nusa Penida (Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan. The ticket for the boat costs IDR (175,000 which is US $12 per person).
Book Ticket: The fast boat tour from Bali (Sanur) to Nusa Penida.
The distance between Bali and Nusa Penida is 40-50 minutes long. However, ups and downs can take place given to the weather conditions which are highly unpredictable on the island.
- Atuh beach Bali is located on the east coast of the island of Nusa Penida, whose exact location or cumulative is located in the town of Pejukutan, Nusa Penida, Kelungkung regency, Bali, Indonesia.
- Atuh Beach is a relatively unknown place on the island of Nusa Penida, located south of Nusa Lembongan and on the mainland of Bali.
- Arriving at Atuh Beach, you have to go to Nusa Penida Island. You can take a fast boat from different continental ports of Bali.
- Regular motorboat services provide daily connections between Nusa Penida and Sanur in the south of Bali, and between Nusa Penida and Padang Bai Kusamba and east of Bali.
- If you stay in Nusa Lembongan or Nusa Ceningan, you can take a boat in front of the yellow bridge.
- In Sanur, the boats leave from the end of Jalan Hang Tuah to various destinations in Nusa Penida, according to the company.
- The ticket costs IDR 175,000 per person per trip. You can buy it at the dock and leave it at least once a day.
- The journey takes between 30 and 45 minutes, depending on the weather and the wave; In bad weather, travel can be difficult.
- There is a Padang Bai public boat in East Bali, and the cost is much cheaper than a fast boat, but it takes about 2 hours to get to the island.
- One ticket for the passenger ferry is IDR 31,000 per person per trip and can be purchased at 10:00 am within the building called “Loket”.
- From the port, you can rent bikes for 75 000 IDR per day, but be prepared for a bumpy road and many holes to avoid, which requires more energy. As long as you like riding a motorcycle and not being in a hurry, everything will be fine.
- After a half hour ride along the coastal road, you will get to the beach and you can start your adventure while parking at the cliff top.
- When you walk near the cliff, get ready for a walk on the beach. You will notice a concrete staircase built for the villagers who come to visit the nearby temple to worship the god of the sea.
- And now you’ll be on the pristine white sand beach Atuh, with the vast blue ocean in front of you waiting to be explored.
- Once on this top Bali you can Check out the best things to do Nusa Penida to make your trip a memorable one.
The Atuh beach sunrise and sunset
This amazing beach is located in east Nusa Penida, this makes the Atuh beach sunrise amazing and the Atuh beach sunset.
You can watch the sunrise over Atuh beach with breathtaking views. The Atuh beach hike on the stairs is a little tricky. So make sure to take your time and watch your step.
Once on the beach you can grab yourself a beer off one of the local stands that also sell food as well.
After watching the sunrise, you can make your way over to see Kelingking beach from Atuh beach.
Visit the Atuh beach Treehouse (Rumah Pohon)
The Rumah Pohon treehouse on Nusa Penida has become one of the most most popular places to stay and has soon become a top tourist point on Nusa! You can actually rent the Ruma Pohon treehouse if you wanted the luxury place to yourself and to be fair it’s cheap.
To find the treehouse you will have to make your way to the mountain at Thousand Island (Pulau Seribu) viewpoint which is near the amazing Atuh Beach.
This epic place to stay on Nusa Penida has quickly grown its reputation amongst backpackers and travellers to Nusa Penida. Everyone wants that perfect Instagram photo of the Nusa Penida treehouse. It’s no wonder with the views you will get.
Atuh Beach Nusa Penida Entrance Fee and things to know
- At the moment there is no entrance fee required to the lookouts of Thousand Island Viewpoint at Atuh Beach, it just small amount of 5,000 IDR for parking.
- However to get the beach you have to pay an entrance of 10,000 IDR per person which collected by local villagers due to use a private land area.
- Best time to visit Atuh Beach Nusa Penida?
- The best time to visit Atuh Beach is in the morning, around 5:30 am, for sunrise due to the location of Atuh Beach facing east.
- That said, if you’re planning a good sunrise in Nusa Penida, then Atuh Beach, Molenteng Beach or Rumah Pohon Tree House and Thousand Island Lookout are arguably the best places in the East. On the beach, Atuh needs about an hour to take pictures. The views and nature are amazing and really a great place.
Atuh beach accommodation Nusa Penida
There are many places to stay in Nusa Penida, but these are some of the many places. Accommodation on Nusa Penida is a backpacker’s dream.
There is hostels on Nusa Penida have some of the mast amazing views you will find in Bali. There’s not a better feeling than waking up in paradise next to a beach and palm trees. The most popular place to stay near Atuh beach is the Nusa Penida treehouse (Rumah Pohon) which is in one of the best locations on the island for watching the sunset.
Other hotels and places to stay on Nusa Penida
This amazing guesthouse on Nusa Penida is a great place to stay for staying just a few nights on the island. There is fast WiFi., which is unusual for hotels on Nusa Penida and there is also great TV available. There is large shower rooms available in all rooms and comfortable beds to sleep in. Breakfast is also provided in the morning and its real tasty. This hotel also offers a small pool to use for guests and there is an in-house restaurant for a good price. Overall this is satisfying accommodation on Nusa Penida.
Book Room: Krisna Guest House Nusa Penida
For budget travelers, Apit Lawang dorms offer one of the best deals in Nusa Penida: the air-conditioned room is not only clean and spacious, but has a suitable box-spring bed (no bunk beds) and uses the shared pool with more expensive bungalows, and finally, they are two minutes’ walk from the sea.
Book Room: Apit Lawang
You will have a great time in this hotel. It is in a great location, close to the main attractions on Nusa Penida. The staff are very keen to help you booking activities or renting scooters and give advice on where to go and what to do on Nusa Penida. The food from the hotel is local and tasty. Also the rooms a very clean and it feels warm to stay in them. This is definitely one of the best places to stay on Nusa Penida.
Book Room: Bintang Bungalows Nusa Penida
If you are looking for a cheap place to stay on Nusa Penida then this is. It is in a great location for everything you need whilst staying on the island. Also, there is good WiFi available for guests. WiFi is not great at a lot of you may stay at Nusa Penida.
Book Room: Nusa Garden Bungalow
If you are looking for a more luxurious place to stay on Nusa Penida then here it is. This is a perfect stay for honeymoon holidays in Bali that are looking to visit Nusa Penida. You can book a one or two day tour to Nusa Penida and stay at this amazing hotel. There is a huge and glamorous infinity pool with a stunning view for you to enjoy. There is huge family rooms for those on a family holiday and this comes at a very affordable price. At this top hotel on Nusa Penida breakfast is also included and is very tasty. Also, you will discover the staff are very friendly. This hotel is a great place to stay.
Book Room: Semabu Hills Hotel Nusa Penida
The Atuh beach Nusa penida is one of the best things you can do on Nusa Penida. The road is a little tricky getting to the beach, but it’s totally worth it. As you can see from the Atuh Beach Photos it is absolutely stunning.
Everywhere on Nusa Penida is amazing, the island is my favourite places to visit in Bali. The food is mega and the accommodation on Penida is so cheap. You can get a private room on Nusa Penida for $10 a night.
Don’t forget if you are doing a stay on Nusa Penida then you should try and check out Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan as they are amazing as well. Then you should head over to Gili Trawangan and the other Gili islands.
If you’re thinking of backpacking Cambodia, then you need to see this Koh Rong travel guide.