How to do the Bali swing in Ubud and the Bali swings cost
The epic swing in Ubud is definitely one of the best things to do in Ubud on your visit. Wondering what to do in Ubud? Check this out, It’s fun, exhilarating and takes you back to being a child playing on the swings at your local park. The amazing Zen Hideaway swing is an adult adventure playground with amazing swings, climbing rocks, love nests and more. It is hours of fun jam packed into this adventure playground. The cost of the Ubud swing in Bali maybe a little bit expenses but it’s totally worth it.
The swing is one of the best things to do in Ubud, Bali, along with the monkey forest, Ubud palace and Tegallalang Rice Terraces. We was a little unsure whether to try out this epic Ubud tourist spot due to the Ubud swing cost as we are backpacking, but we never looked back after paying to join in the fun. The swings offer spectacular views over the vast jungle and also make for some memorable photos. Don’t worry about being stuck for time, there is plenty of mega hotels in Ubud. Such as the Hanging gardens of Bali.
Bring out the inner child in you and let yourself go on the Bali Ubud swing. Furthermore, you can expect to see some of the most amazing views of the Ubud forest from the height of the swing and these make for some amazing Instagram photos.
Check out The Monkey forest Ubud
Okay so in this post I am going to share with you everything you need to know about this epic day in Ubud. You will have all the information you need on this epic day out. Okay so what’s in this post;
- How to get to the Zen Hideaway swing in Ubud
- The Bali swing price and what’s included
- Things to Know about the Bali Tegalalang swing
- Other things to do in Ubud apart from the swing in Bali
- A Youtube video of the Ubud swing in Bali
The Zen Hideaway swing in Ubud cost
The swing in Ubud price – (Bali swing cost is expensive to some backpackers, but the Ubud swing price is worth it and the actual Bali Ubud swing cost is $35). The Bali swing entrance fee is completly worth it in my eyes. This is for a full day entry ticket to the Bali swings and nests. Also, dinner, tea and coffee is included in the Bali swing price. You can book tickets online or pay on entry at the door.
How to get to the Bali swing? You can arrange to be picked up from the centre of Ubud for an extra $6 a person if you like.
We spent an amazing 2 weeks in Ubud and got to see most of this amazing place. Everything is more or less in walking distance from the centre of Ubud apart from the rice terraces and swing. The swing in Ubud cost is 100% worth it on your trip to Ubud.
Here is how to Buy Bali Swing ticket – Ubud
The swing in Ubud Experience
Bali swing was the top of our Ubud itinerary and we couldn’t wait to get see this Top thing to do in Ubud.
We set an early of 8am so we could be first there for the Ubud swing in Bali opening times so we grabbed some quick breakfast from one of the quirky coffee shops in Ubud. The we made our way on one of the scooters we had rented in Ubud. From the centre of Ubud it took us around 20-minutes to get to the swing. We wanted to get there first as we knew it is one of the best things to do in Ubud and the crowds were going to make it a busy place. We was right, everyone wanted to be at this top place to visit in Bali Ubud. Luckliy though we was first there for the opening time and we got the Ubud swing to ourselves for the first 30-minutes. Sweeeeeeet!
Still unsure about the Ubud swing cost in Bali? read on
You can check out the Bali tour
Access to all the 12 swings on the park and you can reuse them as many times as you like from the Bali swing opening time. The swings differ in size and each one gets your heart-rate up due to the thrill of the ride.
The swings vary from 10m, 15m, 20m and 75m above, wow these are some crazy swings. Furthermore, to break up the excitement of the swings you get unlimited access to the 6 nests which make for a “million dollar picture“.
Check out the Bali’s best waterfalls
Check out Atuh Beach Nusa Penida
Want information on backpacking essentials? see backpacking essential item list for Asia
We found some quirky nests really cool and thought they made a real quirky picture, The nests are also a great spot for all you romantics out there, as you can see from the photo, awww cute! Bali swing nests are cool but during the day you can expect quite a big queue as they are very popular amongst the visitors. Also, there will be a swing photographer that will take photos on your phone so you can get a few photos with your partner. All this is inlcuded in the Ubud swing cost in Bali.
When visiting the swing – You also get unlimited access to the photo rocks, these are rocks you climb upon for a great pic with the amazing backdrop. However, for safety reasons a guide must assist you up the rock where you are attached to a safety line. Therefore, you can’t just hop on and off and there is usually a wasting line for these unique photo spots.
Ubud is a great place for photography. You will take some great Instagram photos at the monkey forest sanctuary and the Tegallalang rice terraces.
After all the excitement we started to get hungry and you will be glad to know there is a free Indonesian buffet style dinner included in the Bali swing activity price. The food is actually tasty and you can get as much as you like. The Ubud swing food includes, chicken, salad, tofu, fruit, rice, pasta and eggs.
You can buy additional food and drink at the Ubud restaurant if you wanted. They also sell things such as beers and cold drinks. It’s a great atmosphere sat outside in the sun.
Check out best things to do Nusa Penida
Food at the swing in Bali – There is also free tea and coffee, I was pleased with free coffee and I think I managed to feast my way through 3 plates of foods. Then, I had to relax for an hour on one of the brilliant located sun-beds down by the river. This is where you get to relax in the sun and let your food digest before making your way back up to the fun factory on the Bali swing of Ubud and nests.
You should proably know that after dinner time, the Ubud swing in Bali gets really busy with visitors. The queue for the Bali nests gets real busy with everyone wanting that perfect Instagram photo.
Want to take some epic photography? check out
Also, there is a small pool area next to the Ubud swing dining area. This is another great area that you can cool down in from running around the swings. Remember to bring your costume or trunks for the pool area 🙂
What is the other best things to do in Ubud;
How to get to the Zen Hideaway swing in Ubud
- Free transport to the Ubud swing –There is a free bus to the Ubud swing from the centre of Ubud.
- Scooter rental in Ubud – We used the scooter and personally I think this is the best way of getting around Ubud if you are comfortable at driving scooters. You can rent a scooter for $5 a day. And fill it with a full tank of gas for $2. There is also free parking at the Tegalalang swing.
- Taxi – You can of course take a taxi to the Ubud swing and back, however, this will most likely be the most expensive option.
- do a hike through Ubud – You could possibly walk it if you wanted, but it would take you around 2 hours. This would be a great way to see the best things in Ubud up close and personal.
Like I mentioned earlier we visited the swing by driving ourselves on a scooter which took around 20 minutes from the centre of Ubud. However here are you options for how to get to the swing in Ubud;
How to book the Bali swing
There’s plenty of travel agents in Ubud and around who sell the Bali swing tickets, or you can whatsapp the owners (+62 878 8828 8832, +62 877 7708 8801).
The best way to book the Bali swing package is online. It’s easier and you know you will have your ticket ready so you can avoid the ques.
Book online – You can pay for the Bali swing booking online and they will collect you from your Accommodation in Ubud. This will include pick up in the morning to get to the Ubud swing for opening time and then take you back to your hotel or hostel in Ubud. There will be an extra $8 charge on top of the the Bali swing cost.
Book tickets: Bali swing tour package
Best time to go to the Bali swing Ubud?
The best time to visit the swing in Bali is in the morning. You should arrive at the swing before it opens. This way you will have to best time and a free roam on all the swings before the tourists get there.
As the day goes at the swing, more and more tourists pour in to get part of the action. so for the question when is the best time to visit the Bali swing? This is why I say get there for the morning.
For example, 2pm in the day is just unbearable! the ques for the swings are crazy. You can be waiting 30 minutes just to get on one of the swings.
The Tegallalang Swing and Cost
This is an incredible setting for the Bali rice patties. The craftsmanship gone into creating this amazing rice patties in Ubud is amazing. It’s no wonder this is one of the best things to do in Ubud. There are a lot of tourist shops above, which somewhat takes away from the experience. But it is worth the effort to see them. One of the top things to do at the Ubud rice patties is the Tegallalang swing.
What is the Bali Tegallalang swing cost? The Tegallalang swing price is cheaper than the Ubud swing cost, but the actual Tegallalang swing ticket cost is t of (40,000 Rupiah)
Day tour to the Bali swings
You can do a full day tour if you want to experience some of the top tourist spots in Ubud. This is a good way to see everything if you don’t have any transportation and are short on time.
You will have the opportunity to experience the 2 swings at the Tegalalang rice terraces. The swings are located in a stunning location and some will sat it’s a better view than the ubud swings.
The only downfall to these swings is the harness system they use. The safety at the Tegalalang rice terraces is an over the shoulders strap system, this does’nt look great on them Instagram shots 😉 Where as the harnesses at the Ubud swing can’t be seen from your cameras. Hence so many women turn up in dresses for that perfect photo.
Like I mentioned, the Bali Tegalalang swings are a lot cheaper than the other Bali swings. We got offered the Tegalalang swing ticket for the cost of 40,000 Rupiah. And you won’t find any big ques here.
Where will I visit on the Bali Tegalalang swing day tour?:
1. Balinis barong.
2. Ubud Coffee plantation
3. Goa gajah temple
4. Lunch time with the rice terrace view
5. Tampak siring holy spring temple
6. Tegalalang rice terrace
7. Bali swing.
Things to know about the swing
There are a few things to know before making a visit to the swing. Here is a list of my best tips for you to use;
- We was the first ones there and had a choice to go on all the best swings first, so I would recommend getting there early as possible for the Ubud swing opening time. It started getting crowded as the day went on and this caused waiting time for the swings. If you get there as soon as it opens you should have a good 30-minute to enjoy which ever swing you want on the Ubud swings
- Take a swimming costume as there is a pool at the bottom of the park where you can cool down and enjoy a dip. You can also see the Ubud river rapids activity happening on the river. There is a good atmosphere sown there.
- Take some sunbathing cream as there is also a chill our area near the restaurant at the bottom and we managed to get an hour sunbathing in after our meal,
- Clothing? I wore trainers and found it better and more comfortable, however there was girls there in dresses obviously for the Instagram pic.
- The swings in Ubud opens every day at 08.00 and closes at 17.00 (the latest entrance).
- Best place to stay in Ubud
Some of the best Hotels in Ubud which you should check out
There is plenty of great accommodation in Ubud. You can find luxury and cheap places to stay in Ubud. The hotels and home stays in Ubud cater to all types of visits. Ubud is a perfect place for backpackers and honeymoon holidays. The accommodation in this amazing place offers epic budget rooms and some amazing luxurious hotels for those of you wanting to experience a more luxurious stay in Ubud.
- We stayed in a few places around this amazing place in Bali. I’m going to share with you some of the best places to stay in Ubud.
- Hanging gardens of Bali – The Hanging Gardens of Bali is a lsweet-uxurious destination, which you will find located in the jungle. It is situated near Payangan, a village North of Ubud, The enchanting five star luxury resort has 44 private suites and individual villas. The hanging gardens of Bali suites all have their own granite infinity pool, amazing. Each villa is designed with traditional Alang Alang thatched roofs in complete harmony with nature. In 2014 the award was giev==ven for the World’s number one honeymoon destination in Bali. In 2015 Hanging Gardens of Bali has been awarded: World Luxury Hotels Awards, Seven Star Global Luxury Awards and World Travel Awards as well as other prestigious recognitions, such as the World Luxury Spa Awards and the World Luxury Restaurant Awards. Guests here can catch the free bus as the airport is around 90 minutes away by road depending on traffic. This really is a sweet and luxurious hotel in Ubud you should stay at if you have the funds.
- kamandalu ubud – The Kamandalu hotel in Ubud is a perfect chance for a Balinese experience with all the comforts of a 5 Star resort. Kamandalu has an amazing deluxe pool villa for its privacy and amenities. There is very friendly resort staff throughout your stay. There is a mega spa at this top hotel in Ubud. The Kamandalu is truly an enchanted Balinese village waiting to satisfy you with a perfect experience. Obviously this is a luxury hotel so if you are on a budget, this one is not for you.
- Banana Homestay – This homestay in Ubud is in perfect location and it’s within walking distance with all the top things to do in Ubud. This homestay offers very clean and comfortable rooms. These come with hot showers, free tea and coffee all day long. There is also free breakfast included with this homestay in Ubud. The service here is also amazing and you will feel very welcomed on your stay. Also, the Wifi is very good here, always a tip essential. Overall making it a top place to stay in Ubud.
- Undis Homestay – This is another great cheap place to stay in Ubud. It’s a budget homestay that offers amazing service, clean rooms and free tea/coffee. There is a good view of this homestay and you can even get a view of the flowing river that runs by it. You will be treated very well at this budget accommodation in Ubud and this is definitely a top place for backpackers to stay.
- Ubud village hotel – If you are looking for a more luxurious place to stay in Ubud, then this is definitely it. This is a classic Balinese hotel that is in perfect walking distance to most of the main attractions in Ubud, as it’s located in a great spot between the monkey forest and the town centre. The rooms at this top hotel in Ubud are large and very clean. You will receive a great Buffett breakfast and plenty of tasty fruit to set you up for a great day out in Ubud.
For cheap places to stay check out
YouTube video of the Zen Hideaway swing of Ubud and summary
We had an amazing day on the swings in Ubud in its definitely one of the best things to do in Ubud. We would probably say that is the best activity to do in Ubud and you will have the most fun of these super cool swings in Ubud. You get to play on adult sized swings, relax in a super-cool location, dine on a free tasty buffet and take photos you can save forever. Furthermore, the price of the swings maybe a little high, but I promise you it’s worth every penny. After you fun packed day you can head back into Ubud for some cheap tasty food. The Bali swing cost maybe a little expensive, however it is definitely worth it.
Please if this post has been helpful, subscribe to my journey below. I post as much useful travel tips as possible to help with your travel and backpacking adventures around the world. The Bali swings is just one of the many activities we did in Bali and I have plenty more tips for you to enjoy and save money on.
You will like Best things things to do in Ubud