Finding Zen in Bali, At The Ubud yoga barn!!
Table of Contents
The yoga barn Ubud located in Bali is the second home for all yoga lovers. Although the number of people visiting doubles each year, the place still has a magical vibe and cool hip feeling about it. Unlike other top places in Bali, Ubud. If you love taking in part in yoga, then you have to try one of these amazing yoga centres in Ubud, Bali. The yoga barn, radiantly alive in and aerial yoga in Ubud are the most popular places to do yoga.
Ubud is not just good for yoga, as there is plenty of things to do in Ubud such as the Bali swing and the Tegallalang rice terraces. There are also some amazing places to stay in Ubud that you will remember forever.
If you love amazing places to see in Ubud, check out the Campuhan ridge walk
The village has beautiful streets with a view of the rice fields that are situated in the heart of the village. Although Ubud does not have a nightlife, it’s the perfect place for backpackers to visit.
TheYoga Barn Ubud Review
The Ubud Yoga Barn is located in the centre of Ubud and is a huge complex. The yoga studio is your place if you want a retreat from the world for a few days and is also one of the best things to do in Ubud. The Yoga Barn is fully equipped and has everything that you could want. They have a yoga set studio with a jungled background, a guest house for you to stay in if you plan on staying longer and a complete café that serves organic fruits and vegetables. To sum it up, the place would not only help you reconnect with your spiritual self but also refuel your physical strengths. As many call it, The Yoga Barn in Bali is a getaway for all those who need it.
The milieu of the place is immensely peaceful and serene. Surrounded by the lush green forest, hearing the birds chirp is the perfect sound you need while you’re trying to find your Zen. It’s no coincidence that the thatched roof, palm trees and a cool breeze would not only help you connect with nature, but also with yourself.
Love spiritual places in Bali? Check out the Pura Tirta Empul
The “Yoga” Part
For a person who does not practice yoga might be a little dubious when visiting The Yoga Barn Bali. However, all their inhibitions would be erased because the place is welcoming for all. You don’t have to be a yogi or have to know how to do crow poses or headstands, and everyone is welcomed at the place.
The yoga barn classes are great for all levels
As for the classes, The Yoga Barn in Ubud is open 360 days a year from 7 am to 9 pm. Every day the place has 15 classes and workshops taught by the most learned faculty at the studio. The classes are huge consisting of more than sixty people at a time. These classes range from traditional yoga classes to various modern forms of yoga as well including Sound Healing, Ecstatic Dance, Meditation and Kirtan. However, the most interesting one is Laughter Yoga. This may seem to be a little weird but is the most fun part of the entire session.
Laughter Yoga is when you voluntarily laugh or as you may call it a fake laugh. This is a real-funny session. As science proves, laughter is the best medicine for your body too. Laughing releases endorphins in our body which reduces pain and benefits our body in several other ways. On this theory, it is based that like spontaneous laughter forced laughter too is beneficial.
Although the exercise starts with forced laughter, it soon turns into genuine laughter. As you hear so many people laughing, it becomes contagious, and you too can’t stop your lips from stretching out into a real smile. It is like one of those feelings you have when you are out with your friends, laughing so hard that you can’t breathe. Strangely it is the same with Laughter Yoga as well. You feel all your stress and tensions snort away.
If you enjoy cool places and have some free time, you should try and visit the awesome Pura Tanah Lot Temple in Bali. This is an awesome seaside temple.
The Ubud yoga barn Schedule
- Yoga sessions at The Yoga Barn in Ubud can often prove to be contributory in losing weight as well. The reasons are several. Firstly, it’s the place. Indonesia is a hot and humid place which means that you sweat a lot. Secondly, the yoga sessions usually last for more than an hour which means that you sweat even more.
- So expect to burn a few calories at the yoga barn Bali 🙂
- The third reason is the Garden Kafe at the Barn. After a yoga class that sweats you, all one needs is some refreshment. At The Yoga Barn, this comes from the Garden Kafe which serves the visitors fresh and organic juices, smoothies and energy balls. All the ingredients used in these liquids are organically grown in the farms in Ubud. As a glass of icy cold juice trickles down your thirsty throat, it is a feeling that is inexpressible and irreplaceable to any other feeling the world. A cool experience like this after a hot yoga session would make you forget all your worries and help you make the most of the moment.
- The only thing about the juices is they can be quite expensive on your backpacking budget.
- One of the most famous rituals after the yoga classes is when all the visitors sit in a circle and hold each other’s hands. They are then asked to speak out a word they felt from the depths of their hearts and then squeeze the hand of the person next to them. During these hours, one feels the most connected with themselves, exactly knowing what he/she feels. This part can be pretty weird but I guess everyone should give it a go.
- Apart from yoga, The Yoga Barn in Bali also hosts a community dance every Friday and Sunday. These classes are a break from the routine days. On these nights the community at the barn connects and lets loose from all the things pulling them down. The beats from the eclectic DJ drown your mind and body into the music. As you groove to the music, all types of energetic blockages are released from your body. It increases your connection with self, increases body awareness, de-stresses you and deepens your breathing.
- Tickets at the Yoga Barn for these dances usually sell out instantly. The dances accommodate 150 people, thus booking are made in advance. However, online registrations can be made where you can easily purchase your pass online.
Who are the Bali Yoga Barn in Ubud Instructors?
Here are some of the instructors at the yoga barn;
The yoga barn in Ubud prices
Pricing of the Yoga barn in Bali: Great thing about the pricing is you can SHARE the class packages with friends which can save a ton of money!
- Drop in classes at the Ubud yoga barn: 110,000 IDR ($9 USD)
- You get a 5 class pack 450,000 IDR ($35 USD) – Which works out at $7/class
- 10 class pack 750,000 IDR ($61 USD) – equivalent to $6/class
- 20 class pack 1,200,000 IDR ($98 USD) – equivalent to $5/class
- Unlimited Month 2,400,000 IDR ($197)
You can book a space at the Yoga Barn here.
The yoga centre in Ubud review
Bali is one of the most famous vacation spots for travellers all around the world. It is one of those places that almost every wanderlust has on his/her bucket list. However, Ubud in Bali is one place that is not just in the books of travel lovers but also those people who are looking for a break from the world. And visiting The Yoga Barn in Ubud is one of the best things to do in the village. It is not just us saying that, but several travel bloggers also claim that anyone visiting Bali should visit the Yoga Barn in Ubud.
People visiting Ubud often fall in love with the place because of the various reasons like their lush greenery, food, people, cultures and yoga but one the biggest reason is the spiritual culture that is present in everything there, from daily life chores to the various artistic talents these people have. You don’t have to find Zen here, it’s everywhere. You can not fall in love with Bali. There are still things to see in Ubud such as the Bali swing and Tegallalang rice terraces. Check out the monkey forest Ubud on your visit.
The other best places to do Yoga in Ubud, Bali
Here is a list of where to do yoga in Ubud, Bali. Other than the yoga barn;
#1 The Radiantly alive yoga Ubud
Fancy some more serious yoga in Ubud, Bali?
Then Radiantly Alive in Ubud is another top yoga centre in Bali. Offering yoga as a guide to bring you in touch with your own, true self again. We know that deep within you, the map is there and the path is laid out, it just needs to be illuminated.
This top yoga centre believes in giving you a truly deep yoga experience learning to connect you with your inner self and developing your skills to a new level.
Things on offer at the radiantly in Ubud;
- Teacher training There is teacher training at radiantly alive yoga in Ubud. You can gain your yoga certificate qualification here.
- yoga classes – There is a range of classes and workshops on offer for all levels.
- healing therapies – You will enjoy the teachings on offer in the Ubud yoga centre.
- Safe environment – The training centre at this amazing yoga centre in Bali offers a spectacular natural and peaceful place to do yoga.
#2 Aerial yoga in Ubud
If you fancy a different challenge, you can check out the Ariel yoga in Ubud.
Everyone will enjoy the Ariel class in Ubud and at the same time feel challenged.
FlyHighYoga is a more challenging yoga and will take you through your paces. But this should be in a fun way that you will enjoy.
The intensive immersion will take you through the most fundamental aspects of FlyHighYoga. You will learn about yoga belt safety, supported yoga postures including, inversions, backbends, forward bends, hip openers, shoulder stabilizers and experience linking the postures together.
The yoga instructors in Ubud will take you through the stages of learning how to do the FlyHighYoga.
Book a class: The Ariel Yoga in Ubud
#3 The Yoga House Ubud
This is another top place to do yoga in Ubud. The setting of the yoga house Ubud is epic for yoga and meditation. You will have amazing views of the rice fields from the yoga house. This makes it one of the sweetest places to do yoga in Bali. It’s amazing.
You can try a variety of yoga practices, there is something for all levels of yoga. And yes there are beginner classes if you are new to yoga. Why not try some guided meditation or some restorative yoga.
The Yoga House Ubud has some amazing yoga teaches that will ensure you have an amazing visit to this epic yoga house. Check out the Yoga house in Ubud classes.
Hotels near the yoga barn Ubud
Let’s check out some of the best Hotels in Ubud for you!
If you’re planning on staying at the yoga barn in Bali studio for a longer period, they even have accommodations for you. The Yoga Barn accommodation;
has dorm-style that they offer at USD 25-30 which is 350 to 420 IDR.
The private rooms are available at between USD 85-90 which is 1200k IDR.
The private stays include pool access and breakfast at the Garden Kafe as well
Where to stay in Ubud
There is plenty of great accommodation in Ubud. You can find luxury and cheap places to stay in Ubud. The hotels and homestays in Ubud cater to all types of visits. Ubud is a perfect place for backpackers and honeymoon holidays. The accommodation in this amazing place offers epic budget rooms and some amazing luxurious hotels for those of you wanting to experience a more luxurious stay in Ubud.
You can stay at the yoga house in Ubud. This is a popular place to stay for travellers in Ubud.
Book room: Yoga House Ubud
Book room: Zen Hideaway
Book room: Hanging Gardens of Bali
Ubud is an amazing place and one of the best places to visit in Bali. It is a backpackers paradise. But also a honeymoon destination. If you are a fan of yoga, or even if you are not. You should visit the amazing yoga barn and other yoga houses in Ubud.
As I mentioned Ubud is referred to as the yoga capital of the world. Because it is a sweet destination to visit.
Don’t forget to book your Yoga class ticket here.