Tegenungan waterfall Bali: Visiting here and the swing
The Tegenungan waterfall Bali is an awesome thing to see in Bali, Indonesia. It is situated in Tegenungan Kemenuh village which is in Gianyar and It is the only waterfall which is not in mountains or highlands. Also, it is an epic 25 meters high and all this is just 10 km outside of Ubud. If you’re visiting Bali or Ubud and want to make your Instagram lit, you need to visit here. There are many top waterfalls in Bali and this is one of the best!
This waterfall is famous among backpackers, tourists and swimmers in Bali and it’s this place is the best get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. To understand this epic mini adventure that I am talking about you must visit the Tegenungan waterfall. Also, this waterfall is very close to the rice terraces in Ubud.
The waterfall is surrounded by thriving green forest. The vigorous green scenic view is a real therapy for eyes. If you are planning to go here, here are somethings that you should know about getting there and what to expect;
How to get to Tegenungan Waterfall from Ubud?
The foremost thing about this waterfall is that it is very easy to get here and it is very close to central Ubud. It is approximately 20 to 30 minutes ride and sometimes the time duration of reaching there can be exceeded depending upon traffic conditions as it is very much visited place. Following are the best and easiest ways to get from Ubud to the Tegenungan waterfall;
If you are not staying in Ubud and you are staying in Canggu, it is 1 to 1.5 hours’ drive from the central Canggu. But as soon as you hit the Kuta or Seminyak, it is very easy to follow the direction towards the waterfall, as there are many signboards.
Check out the Google map below for one of the best waterfalls in Bali;
How much Tegenungan waterfall entrance fee?
The entrance fee to the waterfall is 15,000 IDR per person ($4), the parking of the motorbike or scooter is free but the car parking fee is 5,000 IDR and you can also rent lockers to keep your stuff safe for 10,000 IDR and there are toilets that you can use by paying 3,000 IDR. It opens from 6:30 am to 6 pm.
Most of the waterfalls in Bali will require an entrance fee to enter these amazing sites.
Tegenungan Waterfall Opening Hours
The ticket office here says Tegenungan waterfall opening hours is open from 6:30 am – 6 pm. However, you should get here for early morning. The weather in Bali is hot all-year-round, so take advantage of a morning swim. Also, it only gets very busy as the day goes on!
Can you swim in the Tegenungan waterfall?
Yes, you can swim in the waterfall and it’s an awesome experience! The water splashing is crazy, you can feel the power of the waterfall from at least 30 metres aways, it’s epic.
You should know though, that you can’t go right up close to the waterfall as it’s not safe! There is a rope there stopping swimmers trying to go underneath the waterfall and you should follow there rules. It’s awesome just to be in the pool near the waterfall, so just stay in there and take your selfies from a safe distance to the waterfall.
I have mentioned how busy it gets, it does get loads of tourists pouring in throughout the day. So, if you want an epic photo with this waterfall, make sure to get there early! At least 9am early.
Tegenungan waterfall swing
You have no-doubt heard of the awesome swing in Bali if you’re already in this top destination in Indonesia. These swings are amazing and the swing at the Tegenungan waterfall swing has one of the sweetest locations to take some epic Instagram photos.
How much is the swing? We asked for the price of the swing and got the Tegenungan swing price for ($5). However, to be honest there is better swings in Bali to have a go on, but it is a cool setting! Also, always remember to barter them on the price, get it as cheap as possible!
The swing gets really busy during the day, so, if you want to visit the waterfall and try out the swing. You should get there for the morning.
What to expect at Tegenungan swing and waterfall
As soon as you pay the fee you get a stamped ticket. As you enter, you will see a variety of stall of clothes, souvenirs and snacks sellers. Right after crossing them you will see a big sign that says, ‘Welcome to Tegenungan Waterfall’ sign.
As you cross the sign you will see concrete paved steps that are not more than 100 or 120 steps. The steps are really safe, it has a railing on one side. While walking down the steps towards the waterfall, there are many picture-perfect views. Also, you will get to see a small waterfall and a heart-shape made out of woods painted of different colors.
There is a small sign that says, ‘The Color of Love’. It is a really cool place for clicking the dinkiest photos. While walking the last steps you will small towers of rocks made by people near the stream.
And as the steps end you will see the Tegenungan Waterfall and a path is made followed by some rocks, it’s a really cool scene. And, you will also see a swing made with steel; this swing is called the Tegenungan Swing. Also, there is really cool bridges made from bamboo
If you are lucking enough and the sun also shines upon the waterfall you will see rainbows right on the surface of the water. There is second height where you can get to it and watch people taking photos and you see the waterfall going down while standing right next to it.
If you want to take a break from swimming you lay on the huge stones which are very smooth, as you look up, you will see hanging roots from the mountains. As you are done swimming, you can use the changing room and while you exit don’t forget to take your corn which served by two women.
Other waterfalls in Bali
There is plenty of awesome waterfalls in Bali for you to visit. Let’s look at some of the best;
- The Tukad Cepung waterfall is one of the most stunning Bali waterfalls and one this is definitely worthy of your Instagram account!
- Another awesome waterfall in Bali is the Padung Bulia which you should definitely try and make your way to.
- One of my favourite waterfalls in Bali is the Git Git waterfall, this is a very popular places to visit in Bali and one that you should try to get to in the morning 😀
recommended hotels that are near to the waterfall
Here are some Ubud hotels to stay at near the Tegenungan waterfall.
- This is a great cheap place to stay in Ubud. It’s a budget homestay that offers amazing service, clean rooms and free tea/coffee. There is a good view of this homestay and you can even get a view of the flowing river that runs by it. You will be treated very well at this budget accommodation in Ubud and this is definitely a top place for backpackers to stay.
BOOK ROOM: Undis Homestay
- If you are looking for a more luxurious place to stay in Ubud, then this is definitely it. This is a classic Balinese hotel that is in perfect walking distance to most of the main attractions in Ubud, as it’s located in a great spot between the monkey forest and the town centre. The rooms at this top hotel in Ubud are large and very clean. You will receive a great Buffett breakfast and plenty of tasty fruit to set you up for a great day out in Ubud.
BOOK ROOM: Ubud village hotel
- The Maya Ubud is a sweet luxury resort located in the central of Bali, between the river valley and rice terraces of Ubud. The rooms and villas here are amazing and you will get some quality comfort. An ideal choice for those looking for luxurious facilities, peace and tranquility in beautiful surroundings. If you are on a luxury break or a honeymoon holiday, then his luxury hotel in Ubud is for you.
BOOK ROOM: Maya Ubud Resort and Spa
Other things to see in Ubud
- Bali monkey forest
- Pura Tirta Empul
- Best things to do in Ubud
- Jungle Fish Ubud
- Tegalalang swing in Ubud
- Elephant cave Bali