Gitgit Waterfall Lovina, Bali – Complete Guide
There is lots of top waterfalls in Bali and the Gitgit waterfall is one of the best you will get to see! Located in a jungle scenery, this is one of the most stunning Instagram, worthy places in Bali. It’s in breath taking place and this makes it one of the best waterfalls of Bali. It is very famous for calm and cool water and for long bridge walkways.
If you enjoy watefalls, you will need to visit the awesome Tegenungan waterfall in Bali. Which is another awesome setting waterfall that’s worthy of a few hours of your time.
Let’s look exactly what’s included in this post for you;
- How to get from Ubud to the Gitgit waterfall
- Gitgit entrance fee
- Canyoning at the Bali waterfall
- Best time to visit the waterfall in Bali
- Other things to do
- What to expect at the Gitgit waterfall
- Where to stay near Lovina
- Final thoughts
How to get from Ubud to the Gitgit Waterfall?
If you are staying in Ubud and wondering how to get from Ubud to the Gitgit waterfall?
You will have to take a cab, rent a car or like we did, rent a scooter. You can also book a Bali waterfall tour from Ubud with one of the local travel companies.
The local companies most likely to take you on a mini van or a minibus. Scooter rental in Ubud, Bali is only ($3 a day).
How long does it take to get from Ubud to the Gitgit waterfall in Bali?
The journey will take you around 1 hour 4o minutes – 2 hours. This will depend on traffic and the transport you choose.
Check out the Google map below for the journey:
Git Git waterfall entrance fee?
As soon as you arrive at the Gitgit entrance, the price is between 10,000 IDR to 20,000 IDR ($1.36). You can park your car or bike at the parking and start the hike towards the waterfalls. The hike is 15 minutes to the first waterfall and the other 2 waterfalls are of 15 to 10 minutes hike. The ground is well paved and it has a very beautiful walkway. You can take the most memorable pictures. You can access the public toilets and there are shops and cafes at the main parking area. Also, you will be able to check out a small shrine right before the waterfall.
Canyoning at the Gitgit
Another way of fully exploring the waterfall is canyoning. Either if you are expert in canyoning you should give it a try but if you are not you can always book a tour with the local companies. You need to get to the Gitgit base camp by 8 am and join your group.
The local companies offer; free pick up and drop off to the hotels, breakfast, lunch, water, canyoning gear and equipment, towels, guides, photos and videos. All you have to bring is your extra clothes, bathing suit, your camera, extra pair of shoes.
Different companies have different charges. You can also experience the water slides, jumping from different heights of waterfalls, abseiling and ziplines. You can also visit the gorges made of volcanic rocks with warm rock pools.
You should check out the best things to do in Ubud on your visit to Bali.
Best time to visit Gitgit Waterfall?
This waterfall in Bali is famous for running throughout the year but since Bali is very tropical, it is very rainy from March to November. So, the best time to travel is July or August to enjoy the epic weather in Bali.
If you want to visit the Gitgit waterfall with less crowds, its best to arrive as early as you can! The entrance to the waterfall opens at 7 am. Are you travelling from ubud to the Gitgit epic waterfall? You should leave by 600 am it is most likely for you to reach there by 730 am or 8 am depending upon traffic and weather conditions. And it best to head back to your hotel in Bali before it gets dark.
What else you can do in this top waterfall in Bali?
Take as much photos as you want. Other than the waterfall you can take photos near the shrine and with the wildlife of the lush ravine jungle.
You can dip into the small rock pools near the waterfall, or in the following streams. Also bath in the cool and clear water of the waterfall.
There are a lot of gift and souvenir shops before the entrance, you can visit the shops and buy some local Balinese souvenirs.
If you looking for more waterfall hike, you can also visit the nearby waterfalls. You can go to the;
What to expect at the Gitgit waterfall?
The Three Waterfalls of Gitgit Waterfall. But what makes this waterfall so special is that, it consists of three other waterfalls of three different heights.
- The twin waterfall: two waterfalls are running from one cliff side by side. And it is the most crowded places.
- Second waterfall: it is right after the twin waterfall and it is approximately 60 meters high.
- Waterfall story: this is the third and the last waterfall which is not very high but it has the most scenic view. It is totally covered by trees. It also has a local name, people there call it ‘Air Terjun Kembar Gitgit’. This waterfall flows throughout the year.
While on route to Gitgit waterfall you can also visit the Lovina Beach, which is another natural landmark. You can make small stop there as well.
Where to stay near Lovina?
There is plenty of great accommodation in Bali. I recommend staying in Ubud. The hotels and home stays in Ubud cater to all types of visits. Ubud is a perfect place for backpackers and honeymoon holidays. The accommodation in this amazing place offers epic budget rooms and some amazing luxurious hotels for those of you wanting to experience a more luxurious stay in Ubud.
We stayed in a few places around this amazing place in Bali. I’m going to share with you some of the best places to stay in Ubud.
- The Kamandalu hotel in Ubud is a perfect chance for a Balinese experience with all the comforts of a 5 Star resort. Kamandalu has an amazing deluxe pool villa for its privacy and amenities. There is very friendly resort staff throughout your stay. There is a mega spa at this top hotel in Ubud. The Kamandalu is truly an enchanted Balinese village waiting to satisfy you with a perfect experience. Obviously this is a luxury hotel so if you are on a budget, this one is not for you.
BOOK ROOM: kamandalu ubud
- This homestay hotel in Ubud is in perfect location and it’s within walking distance with all the top things to do in Ubud. This homestay offers very clean and comfortable rooms. These come with hot showers, free tea and coffee all day long. There is also free breakfast included with this homestay in Ubud. The service here is also amazing and you will feel very welcomed on your stay. Also, the Wifi is very good here, always a tip essential. Overall making it a top place to stay in Ubud.
BOOK ROOM: Banana Homestay
- This is another great cheap place to stay in Ubud. It’s a budget homestay that offers amazing service, clean rooms and free tea/coffee. There is a good view of this homestay and you can even get a view of the flowing river that runs by it. You will be treated very well at this budget accommodation in Ubud and this is definitely a top place for backpackers to stay.
BOOK ROOM: Undis Homestay
- If you are looking for a more luxurious place to stay in Ubud, then this is definitely it. This is a classic Balinese hotel that is in perfect walking distance to most of the main attractions in Ubud, as it’s located in a great spot between the monkey forest and the town centre. The rooms at this top hotel in Ubud are large and very clean. You will receive a great Buffett breakfast and plenty of tasty fruit to set you up for a great day out in Ubud.
BOOK ROOM: Ubud village hotel
- The Maya Ubud is a sweet luxury resort located in the central of Bali, between the river valley and rice terraces of Ubud. The rooms and villas here are amazing and you will get some quality comfort. An ideal choice for those looking for luxurious facilities, peace and tranquility in beautiful surroundings. If you are on a luxury break or a honeymoon holiday, then his luxury hotel in Ubud is for you.
BOOK ROOM: Maya Ubud Resort and Spa
This is definitely one of the most stunning and best waterfalls in Bali for you to visit. Just remember to keep safe and don’t try to take any photos that put you in danger!
Other than that, just enjoy the amazing Git Git waterfall.
Other things to see in Bali;
- Tegallalang rice terraces Ubud
- Bali monkey forest
- Pura Tirta Empul
- Best things to do in Ubud
- Jungle Fish Ubud
- Elephant cave Bali