The ultimate Vango Banshee 300 review
Table of Contents
In this article, I will provide you with the ultimate Vango Banshee 300 review!
I will give you insight about the price, the best features and the downsides of this tent.
Also, I will provide you with a Vango Banshee 200 vs Vango Banshee 300 overview to help you decide which one is right for you and your camping trip.
Basic Analysis – The Vango Banshee 300 is a durable tent that will survive strong winds and heavy rainfall.
Comfort – This Vango Banshee tent is big enough for 2-3 people. Plus, the inner tent fights condensation to pass through to you and your belongings, which promises comfort for the whole night.
It is not surprising that this is one of the best-selling camping tents in the UK.
The company Vango is based in Scotland and focuses on making tents that will survive the local rainy and stormy weather.
Now, let’s have a look at the details of the Vango Banshee 300 pro tent.
Make Sure To Check out;
- Ultralight Backpacking Gear List
- Best Ultralight Backpacking Tent
- Best Ultralight Backpacking Tent 1 Person
- Best Ultralight Backpacking Tent 2 Person
- Best Ultralight Backpacking Tent 3 Person
Vango Banshee 300 tent price?
The price for the Vango Banshee 300 varies depending on where you buy it. As usual, Amazon is the most affordable source to purchase this tent with prices starting at £154.
As you can tell this is not the cheapest option and there are a lot of camping tents for a lower price on the market.
However, if you are willing to pay a little bit more to get better quality, there are many reasons to purchase this tent.
What is the weight of this tent?
The total weight of the Vango Banshee 300 is 2.82kg, call it 3kg when wet.
Although it is about 500gr heavier than the Vango Banshee 200 (which weighs 2.3kg), this tent is still very light in comparison to other camping tents.
If you are hiking in cold climates, as for example the gorgeous Mount Sowdon Hike in Wales, this is the perfect tent to take with you!
It is light and protects you from stormy and rainy weather.
The full dimensions
An important factor in every tent is its size and how many people fit in there.
The Vango Banshee 300 is 280cm x 215cm and 105cm in height. While it is long enough to comfortably stretch out, its height barely allows you to sit up, which is one of the biggest downsides of this tent.
Also, this Vango tent is supposed to be a three-person tent but that will leave you with no room to move around or store your luggage.
Sure, it will be fine for one night, e.g. on the Canadian Jaques Lake Trail Overnight Hike.
But if you plan to go on a longer camping trip, e.g. the Tonquin Valley Multi-Day Hike, I would highly recommend sharing this tent with only one other person.
Vango Banshee 200 vs Vango Banshee 300
Of course, you are wondering now which tent is the better option to get.
For that, I do not have the ultimate answer as it fully depends on what you are planning to do.
If you are camping with a partner, getting a slightly bigger tent will be of high advantage.
Let’s compare the two tents and see what are the pros and cons of both tents.
Vango Banshee 200
- Weight: 2.39kg
- Cost: £90
- Review: This is a lighter tent and it is also cheaper than the Banshee 300.
Vango Banshee 300
- Weight: 2.82kg
- Cost: £154
- Review: This tent will provide more space and is therefore better if you are sharing the tent with more people.
If you still feel like you haven’t found the right option for your trip yet, you may want to check out Vango Orion which is another alternative to these two tents.
Is it easy to set up?
The all-in-one pitching design makes it super easy to set up this tent!
This means the inner tent is connected to the flysheet and you can set up both in one movement. Also, there are only two poles to take care of!
Vango states that the pitching time for this tent is seven minutes.
However, I’m sure once you have set up the tent a few times you will become even faster.
On top of that, the tent bag has an oversized opening and compression straps to control its size. This will help you pack the tent away faster.
We all know the frustration of trying to squeeze a tent back into its bag that just doesn’t seem to fit.
Don’t worry, this is not going to be a problem with this Banshee 300!
Vango Banshee 300 Footprint
If you decided that the Vango Banshee 300 is the right tent, you may want to get the matching footprint as well.
The footprint will be placed between the ground surface and the groundsheet of your tent. This will protect your tent’s groundsheet from little rocks and dirt that may damage the tent.
Also, it will keep your groundsheet clean, as the clips provided connect your footprint perfectly to the groundsheet.
Let’s look at some of the Vango Banshee 300 Footprint features:
1.Waterproof and reliable
- 70 deniers, lightweight polyester footprint
- Matches the shape of the groundsheet
- Protects the groundsheet
- Folds away into a compact carry bag
- Keeps the groundsheet clean
- Locking clips secure footprint to tent
Best features of the Vango Banshee 300
- This tent with its all-in-one pitching design is very quick to set up in only seven minutes or less.
- The Banshee 300 has two side entrances which makes it easy to get in and out if you are camping with a companion.
- The inner tent contains breathable polyester which prevents condensation from passing through.
- The Yunan Eco Alloy Poles are made out of aluminium and therefore super light in weight.
- Also, the poles are pre-angled which provides greater internal space as well as excellent strength during storms and high side winds.
- The flysheet is weaved with ripstop fabric and provides 13% more strength than the Banshee 200.
- Moreover, the flysheet is waterproof to a hydrostatic head of 5000mm.