Full Vango Banshee 200 tent review!
You’ve landed on this post because you want a full Vango Banshee 200 review and this is exactly what you will get! By the end of this post, you will have a clear decision about whether to buy the Vango Banshee tent or not. We’ll also look at the Vango 200 vs the Vango Banshee 3oo to see which one is best for you and your camping adventures.
- Basic Analysis – the Vango tent is a strong and reliable lightweight tent
- Comfort – The Vango Banshee Pro 200 review is a good size for one person but there is isn’t much space to move around inside. As for the side vestibule, this is also quite small and not ideal for your backpack in weather such as heavy rain
This super-cool tent has become one of the most popular tents amongst camping sites in the UK. During this post, we will look at what I love about this tent and how big the Vango Banshee is. The tent is one of the best 1 man tent hiking gear essentials for any hiking trip.
Let’s look what’s included in this post;
- Vango Banshee pro price
- Weight of the Vango tent
- Vango Banshee dimensions
- Vango Banshee 200 vs Vango Banshee 300
- Is it easy to set up
- Vango Banshee 200 pro footprint
- Best things about the Banshee 200 tent
- Is it worth getting?
Vango Banshee 200 pro backpacking tent Price?
This is not the cheapest tent for camping on the market. But, the actual price cost of the Vango Banshee 200 is roughly £90 ($109). As you can see, it’s not the lowest cost tent.
There are comparison sites that will show you prices. However, I would generally say Amazon usually do the best price on the tent. Amazon on do most things!
What is the weight of this tent?
If you’re looking for an ultralight tent, then you should think about buying this one! The total weight of the Vango Banshee 200 is 2.39kg, call it 2.5kg when wet. This is over 1kg lighter than the Vango Banshee 300 which weighs 3.43kg.
Perfect for taking on hikes such as the amazing Mount Sowdon hike in Wales.
If you love camping, you should check out the car camping hacks guide that will show you some awesome tips for your next camping adventure!
The full dimensions
You will want to know what’s the size of this popular tent. It’s a 2 man tent depending on how big you are. For example, I’m 6ft 2 inches and me fitting in there with another guy would be very tight indeed. However, if I had to I could do it for a night. But, if you’re planning a few nights hike, I wouldn’t really recommend two physically large people using this tent.
Okay, so the narrow to wide tent’s pitched dimensions are 175cm x 270cm. Also, the tallest part of the tent is roughly 100cm (Too small for me to stretch up).
This awesome 1 man tent is perfect for hiking in places like the peak district or one of my favourite hikes, Scafell Pike in the Lake District.
Vango Banshee 200 vs Vango Banshee 300
Okay, so which of these tents are the best? Well, this depends on what you need! For me to go camping with my partner, I would much rather use the Banshee 300. But, let’s compare the two tents.
|200 versus 300||Vango Banshee 200||Vango Banshee 300|
|Weight||2.39 KG||3.43 KG|
|Review||This is a lighter tent and is also cheaper than the Banshee 300.||This tent is better if there is a few of you looking to stay in a tent.|
You may want to check out the Vango Orion which is another alternative to these 2 tents.
Is it easy to set up?
Once you have used this tent a couple of time, it will only take you between 3-5 minutes to set up the Vango Banshee tent. However, if it’s your first time putting up your tent. You can expect to set it up in around 7-9 minutes.
If you want to save time, you can just peg out a few of the ropes! But, of course, don’t do this is the weather is bad or it’s windy! Generally, though, the tent is sturdy enough with just a few of the ropes out!
Because the tent bag is bigger than the actual tent, it’s easy to put away. I spent my childhood trying to fit cheap tents into a bag that didn’t seem physically possible to get in. However, you won’t have that issue with this tent.
Check out my ultralight camping gear list for some more ideas.
Vango Banshee 200 pro footprint
If you’re buying this ultralight camping tent, then you need to check out the Vango Banshee 200 footprint as an added essential.
The footprint protects you groundsheet with all types of ground surfaces that you expect from wild camping. It protects from things such as thorns and stones that will damage your tent. Also, it will keep your groundsheet super clean by connecting to your tent securely from the clips provided!
Let’s look at some of the Vango Banshee 200 footprint features;
- Very waterproof and reliable
- 70 denier, 6000mm lightweight polyester groundsheet
- Easy to move about before rolling tent out to pitch, so you can pick your perfect position for camping
- Protects the groundsheet
- Folds away into a compact carry bag
- Keep’s tent groundsheet clean
- Locking clips secure footprint to tent
You can check out the footprint reviews and prices here.
Best things about the Vango Banshee 200
Here is a list of Vango Banshee features;
- This is a super quick tent to set up compared to other tents on the market! Weather in England can change very quickly and the rain can start in the blink of an eye. Which is why this tent is perfect for this scenario.
- Walking pole attachment eyelet in the tent’s door allows you to prop the door up to create a sheltered porch to store your bags or trainers etc.
- If you’re going wild camping or hiking and looking for the best hiking gear. Then the Vango Banshee camouflage tent cover is perfect for hiding away.
- The tent bag is quite a cool feature to have and is very durable.
- All flysheet and groundsheet seams are factory taped, which gives a brilliant watertight seal. Keeping your stuff dry in the notorious weather in England.
Check out this YouTube video for some inspiration, credit to the guys for filming;
Check out the Vango Banshee Anthracite on Amazon.
If you like lightweight travel gear, check out the Travelon backpack guide.
Is it worth getting this tent
There we have it, a full review of this epic backpacking tent. You have everything you need such as the price and Vango Pro dimensions.
If you want a tent that’s durable, easy to set up and will last you a long time. Then yes, I would definitely but the Vango Banshee 200. It’s a fantastic 1 or maybe 2 man tent.
This is one of the best lightweight camping gear tents on the market.
If you’re planning on going on some epic hikes or camping trips, then get this tent!
It’s actually on offer on Amazon now for less than £80, follow the link to see the bargain.