COMPLETE GUIDE: NUSA PENIDA TOUR
Want to book the Nusa Penida tour? Then you need to check out this complete guide!
You’ve probably come across this Bali island on social media. Let me tell you, it beats expectations!
This is one of the best places in the world to visit!
HOW TO REACH NUSA PENIDA?
Getting to Nusa Penida is easy,
Here’s your options to get to the island!
BOOK YOUR OWN TOUR TO NUSA PENIDA
If you’re searching for the best way to visit Nusa Penida, then, it’s you’re in luck! It’s easy to take a trip to Nusa Penida.
Getting the ferry from Sanur to Nusa Penida is awesome. And you
The ferries depart from Sanur Ferryboat Port.
Ferry times from Sanur to Nusa Penida
Sanur to Nusa Penida ferries run daily from;
There are lots of ferry drivers to select from although we’ve just ever before taken a trip with Dwi Manunggal and also have never ever had any issues.
The fast boat takes about 30-50 minutes depending on the weather. The ferry tickets cost roughly 140,000 IDR for a single. And 300,000 IDR for a return ticket.
Vehicle parking of mobility scooters cost a flat price of 2,000 IDR for the day + 10,000 Rupiah to leave it overnight.
Just remember that all ferries to and from Nusa Penida stop after 5pm. So, if you want to return to Bali mainland, make sure you plan your trip.
TAKE A PRIVATE NUSA PENIDA TRIP
There are numerous excursions that you can get that run Nusa Penida trips from around Bali.
All this sounds exciting right?
You’re on for an awesome trip to Nusa Penida. And, you can check out my guide here on the best things to do Nusa Penida.
Okay, so what do the tours include?
Here’s what to expect.
The tours include ferries to and from Nusa Penida, an exclusive drive. Also, you can expect to get lunch.
How much does a Nusa Penida tour cost?
Expect to pay 600,000 IDR per person for a day trip. This will be dependant on which tour operator you book with.
HOW TO GET AROUND NUSA PENIDA?
This island is not too big. However, the roads are not the best in certain areas! But, let’s have a look at how to get around the island.
The ferry drops you off at Toyah Pakeh Harbour. This is a busy area. But it’s here you can rent a scooter for $3 for the day. Yes, it’s that cheap. And, personally, this is the best way to get around the island of Nusa Penida.
The cost of a scooter is usually 70,000 IDR for 24 hr.
NUSA PENIDA ITINERARY COMPLETE GUIDE
Kelingking beach is one of the most amazing places you will ever visit.
I couldn’t believe my eyes when I looked at it for the first time. Out of all the beaches in Asia, Kelingking beach beats them all, but the broken beach is a pretty beach on Nusa Penida.
You will see in this post just from the photos of the secret point beach why it is such an incredible place to visit. Backpackers from around the world visit this amazing beach just for that single Instagram photo, it’s no wonder! I cannot wait to back and do the t rex beach hike again.
One of the most unique things to do in Bali!
A popular place to visit out of the three Nusa islands has always been the Angel’s Billabong Nusa Penida, which is a set of huge rocks or you can say an edge of a cliff. It is located in the southwest of Nusa Penida.
It is located near the Broken Beach, it also called Pasih Uug in the Indonesian local language. Between the rocks flows a lagoon crystal clear pools where you can swim and soak the sun. The water is so clear that you can see the pattern of the rocks beneath the surface. Just be sure to swim when it is low tide as there are many sharp rocks around and there have been deaths at the billabong!
The Broken beach on Nusa Penida is one of the best beaches on Nusa Penida. If you’re visiting Nusa Penida then I would highly recommend putting this Nusa Penida beach on your itinerary.
The stunning rock formation is sweet for epic photos and videos. You can do a cool walk around the broken beach and check out the amazing scenery from all angles. Backpackers travel from all over Bali to see this amazing place.
Nusa Penida is a backpacker’s dream. The things you will see and the memories you will make are out-of-this-world. The island has so many awesome photo opportunities.
RUMAH POHON NUSA PENIDA TREEHOUSE
There is plenty of sweet hotels and places to stay on Nusa Penida. But not many will be better than the Rumah Pohon treehouse. This unbelievable tree top view accommodation is located in one of the sweetest places on this magical Bali island. The Nusa Penida Treehouse (Rumah Pohoon) is an ideal luxury place to stay If you’re looking for a magical setting.
Staying at the Rumah Pohon treehouse through Airbnb or booking.com. You will have the opportunity to sleep in the trees in a quirky room. Whilst the sun drops into the horizon in front of your eyes.
TEMBELING NATURAL POOL
Tembeling Natural Pool is really hidden gem as not many people visit here!
You can swim in the arbitrary natural swimming pool. It’s located in the middle of the Tembeling Coastline. With plenty of lush scenery around!
Nusa Penida’s best waterfall – Peguyangan WaterFall is one of the coolest things to do on Nusa Penida. This top waterfall on Nusa Penida is one of the most visited spots on the island. It is known as the Guyangan falls or the Peguyangan temple. Locals come here to get blessed and you can join in on the spiritual blessing at the bottom of the Penguyangan waterfall steps.
You will have to wear a sarong if you visit the bottom. Just because its a spiritual area for the locals. It’s good to get involved though and get a close-up view of real-culture.
Atuh Beach Nusa Penida, or Pantai Atuh, is a hidden beach located on the southeast coast of the island of Nusa Penida. The beach is isolated from beautiful green cliffs, while several limestone rock formations surround it, adding beauty to the area. You can access the white-sand beach from a specially designed staircase or try the narrow paths along a steep cliff if you’re feeling adventurous.
The beach is ideal for relaxing with spectacular views. However, the waters are not always conducive to swimming. If you are visiting Nusa Penida for at least 1 night, then I would highly recommend visiting Nusa Penida.
CRYSTAL BAY BEACH
Sand stretching over 200 meters and water as clear as anything, the Crystal Bay Nusa Penida is one of the sweetest beaches in Bali for you to explore. This Nusa Penida beach is located in the west coast of Nusa Penida and is ranked as one of the top tourist destinations on the island. We spend a good few hours on this epic beach before exploring some more of Nusa Penida on the scooter.
The Crystal bay beach is a quiet arc of white sand with a background of shrubs and plants sprouting from rocks. Another of the reasons contributing to the popularity of the island are its beautiful sunsets. The Crystal Bay beach sunset is often crowded as people from all over the island come to this part of the island to checkout the breathtaking view. Another popular place is the broken beach on Nusa Penida which another epic beach.
Where to stay on Nusa Penida island?
This is still a developing island, but it is developing rapidly and there’s still plenty of places to stay on Nusa Penida.
Okay, so I have hand-picked some of the best places to stay on Nusa Penida for you. This includes both budget and luxurious places to stay;
- By far the coolest place you stay in the Nusa Penida treehouse on this amazing island. This epic treehouse near Atuh beach has one of the best sunsets in Nusa Penida and Bali.
- La Roja Bungalows – The Nusa Penida Bungalows are fairly new building. You will find a really cool atmosphere here and everyone is very friendly. This accommodation on Nusa Penida is quite basic but this is all you need when you’re on a backpacking adventure. The rooms are clean, have plenty of plug sockets to charge your laptops and phone etc. You will be pleased to know there is decent WiFi and a comfortable bed with a decent water pressure shower. Breakfast is the usual toast/fruit/eggs choices but what was served to us was nice and was more than enough to start the day. There are drinks available at a reasonable price in the evening and some decent restaurants on the road for you to checkout. Overall this is a great place to stay for backpackers on Nusa Penida.
- Penida Bay Village – This top places to stay is located near the Crystal Bay beach and Gamat Bay. You will also find it easy to get to Kelingking beach from here. There is also a restaurant here for you to enjoy, also dry cleaning is offered. There is WiFi, good showers, free toiletries (backpackers essentials) and free water. This accommodation is in a perfect location.
- Batang Golden Hills Villa – These top Nusa Penida villas are brilliant. They are fairly newly built, but they are soon becoming one of these best places to stay on this epic island! There are only 2 villas now and they are wonderful! Super big and clean. You get towels and soap and even a welcome drink on your arrival here. The staff is very welcoming and friendly. They will take the timeout to have a chat with you and answer any questions you may have. You can get yourself some food here and to be fair it is quite cheap. These villas are located on the quieter east side of Nusa Penida.
- Sunset Hills Cottage – This epic place to stay offer crazily stunning views. The rooms are very spacious and offer a large comfortable bed. The rooms are kept very clean and are well looked after. There is everything you need here. The staff and the owner are awesome and will answer any questions you may have about Nusa Penida, such as the best things to do Nusa Penida.