An Bang beach Hoi An
You might not have known but Hoi An has a really awesome beach, known as the Ang Bang beach Hoi An. This is one of the only beaches you will find in Hoi An and the one all tourist and tours in Hoi An tend to visit. The stunning stretch of beach offers beautiful beachfront resorts, restaurants for everyone, friendly bars and cool watersports.
Hoi An is one of the top visited destinations in Vietnam, backpackers pass through here whilst travelling from South to North in Vietnam or the other way round. This top place to visit in Vietnam is also famous for the Hoi An old town. The Ang beach is up there as one of the best things to do in Hoi An whilst you’re visiting this cool village. If you want somewhere to eat in Hoi An after the beach visit, you should check out the Morning Glory restaurant in Hoi An.
Let’s have a look what’s in this post;
How to get from Hoi An to An Bang beach?
The most popular route is from Hoi An town centre to An Bang beach. So, there are a few options for you to get to the beach, let’s have a look at them;
- Taxi is one of the easiest ways for you to get to the beach from Hoi An. A taxi will cost you around 60,000 VND ($3).
- You can use a bicycle, which is what we did. It will take you around 20-25 minutes to get to the beach and it’s actually a really cool bike ride. It doesn’t have to be a strenuous ride, you can take it easy.If you’re staying at a homestay or hotel in Hoi An, they will more than likely lend you a bike. If not you can hire a bike for around 20,000 VND ($1). Just head down Hai Ba Trung street from the centre all the way down to the beach. Then cool off with a smoothie from one of the cafes near the beach.
- Another option is hiring a scooter to get there, you can hire a scooter for around 60,000 VND ($3). It will take you 10 minutes to get to the beach and there is plenty of parking near An Bang.
- You can walk to the beach, but this may take you around 1 hour. But if you have the time, why the hell not.
Check out the An Bang map below
Things To Do An Bang Beach
There is plenty of things to do on An Bang beach for families. So don’t worry about the kids being bored if you’re on a family holiday to Vietnam. Also, this is a top place for backpackers just to take away that stress of those overnight coach trips in Vietnam.
Okay, the best things you can do is the watersports on An Bang beach they’re awesome. Let’s have a look at some of the top activities for you to do;
- Surfing – you can book in one of the surf schools on An Bang beach and learn how to ride the waves. Or if you’re already a pro-level-27 surfer, you can just rent a boards 🙂
- Paddle-boarding – You can just rent a paddle-board and have a play in the waves for a few hours. This is an awesome one for the kids.
- Snorkelling – This is another great way to pass a few hours. I have never met anyone that doesn’t enjoy snorkelling, enjoy.
- Cu Lao Cham island tour – Why don’t you take a tour from Hoi An to Co Lao Cham island and spend the day exploring this awesome island and take part in an amazing snorkelling tour.
- Yoga – Yes yoga, you can one of An Bang yoga classes which is a popular activity, to be fair it’s in an amazing setting!
For more ideas check out this post on activities.
The restaurants on An Bang
There is plenty of awesome An Bang restaurants and no matter what food you’re into, there will be something for you! Seafood is a big deal in Hoi An, but I know this food isn’t for everyone. But don’t worry there are burgers, salads and vegan meals, so you’re all good for a top place to eat on Ang beach.
Also, you can hire sunbeds off most of the restaurants for 10,000 VND – 50,000 VND. However, if you buy a meal from the restaurant they will let you used the sunbeds for free. This is exactly what we did, we had dinner there and used the sunbeds for at least 3 hours 🙂
Let’s look at some of the popular restaurants on An Bang beach;
Where to stay?
The best place to stay when visiting this awesome beach is in Hoi An town centre itself. There is plenty of amazing hotels in Hoi An and there is a room for all budgets. Whether you’re on a holiday to Vietnam or a backpacking tour in Vietnam, there will be a room for your budget in Hoi An.
Let me share with you some awesome places to stay near An Bang beach;
The An Bang beach in Hoi An is one of the top things to do on your visit to this amazing town in Vietnam. You can spend the day here trying out the watersports, tasting epic food and just all-out relaxing. Then, at night you can head to the Hoi An old town for a real Vietnamese experience.