Silver beach Koh Samui (crystal bay)
So, you’re looking to visit the awesome silver beach Koh Samui? One of the best beaches on this top Thai island! Silver beach is one of the most visited tourist points on Koh Samui, due to it being up there with the best beaches on Koh Samui. Koh Samui has many awesome beaches and places to visit for the day if you’re a backpacker. That’s why this is one of the most visited islands in Thailand! There is also an airport, so if you want to Koh Samui from Bangkok for a short stay, then you have that option! You can also check my post on how to get from Bangkok to Koh Samui, which is a step-by-step travel guide.
If you enjoy the beaches here, then you will love my post on the best beaches on Koh Tao. This island is literally next to Koh Samui and you can get from Koh Samui to Koh Tao by ferry.
So in this Koh Samui blog post, you will get everything you need to know. But let’s look exactly what’s included in this post;
- How to get to silver beach
- Silver beach review
- Restaurants on silver beach
- Where to stay (silver beach resort)
How to get the Silver beach Koh Samui?
The best way to get around Koh Samui is by scooter, this is always my favourite way. And, you can rent a scooter for a full day for 150 BHT ($3). This sometimes comes with a full tank of gas.
You will have to make your way to near the tourist area of Chaweng, on the east side of Koh Samui. So you can visit Chaweng beach whilst checkout out Silver beach.
How to get from Chaweng to Silver beach?
- Okay, so you will have to drive for about 10-20 minutes on the scooter.
- You can also hire taxis on Koh Samui if you don’t fancy riding a scooter.
- A taxi to silver beach price will depend on where your hotel on Koh Samui is, but always remember to barter the price down!
You need to check out the awesome Lamai beach on your adventures around the island.
Check out the silver beach map below for the exact location;
My Silver beach On Koh Samui Review
This is definitely up there as one of the best beaches on Koh Samui!
Koh Samui’s silver beach is perfect for those days of just relaxing and chilling out in the epic Koh Samui weather.
What to expect at Silver beach? If you’re like me and love stepping into the sea seeing the fish swim around your feet. Then this is the place you have to visit. You can see the fish swim through the crystal-clear water on this awesome top beach on Koh Samui.
Are you visiting Koh Phangan after Koh Samui? Why don’t you check out my post on the best beaches Koh Phangan to inspire your visit to this epic island to visit in Thailand!
If you’re looking for other awesome beaches on Koh Samui, then you need to check out the Choeng Mon beach on your adventures around this epic Thai island!
Also, there is plenty of unique formations of rockery that make a great place for some Instagram photography of Thailand.
The beach wasn’t too busy with the influx of Koh Samui tourists when we was there. But, it is a place that backpackers usually visit and you will find there is a good vibe when you visit here.
Silver beach is not the biggest beach on Koh Samui and it’s only between 200-250 metres big. But, it’s still an awesome beach to visit! You can image it being busy in the peak of the day, but you will always find a place to sunbathe.
Restaurants on silver beach
There are plenty of restaurants nearby to checkout and there is meals for all food lovers and meals for any budget. Let’s look at some of the best restaurants near silver beach;
- Dr. Frogs bar and grill – This sweet place to eat can be found on a cool hilltop in Chaweng Noi. This epic place to eat on Koh Samui offers mouth-watering food, tasty wine (if you’re into the wine scene at sunset and stunning scenery!
- Crystal bay beach club – This is another epic restaurant to visit if you’re looking for restaurants near silver beach. So, this epic place to eat is on the stunning beach front of crystal bay. This makes it one of the most sweetest places to eat on Koh samui with a view!
- Romantic bamboo – If you want good qaulity, mega tasty local food, then you should try the romantic bamboo. They sell amazing Thai and Italian food for a fair price. This epic restaurant is also located near crystal bay and silver beach!
Where to stay near silver beach?
One of the best places you can stay when doing a day trip to silver beach, is the awesome silver beach resort. One of the best place places on Koh Samui to stay at!
If you’re looking for a hotel on Koh Samui with a view, then you need to try and stay at silver beach resort!
You can expect the following on your stay;
- An amazing private beach for guests at the silver beach resort.
- The staff service is excellent and you will be looked after. Also, the staff are very friendly and love to have a chat!
- Ever tried an infinity pool? You will be able to use an amazing infinity pool at this top accommodation on Koh Samui.
- This hotel is near Lamai beach, awesome restaurants and the local markets!
If you enjoy amazing beaches with epic views, then you need to visit the silver beach Koh Samui. Even though it’s not the biggest beach, it is still an awesome place to visit for kickin back listening to some Spotify and just watching the world go by!
Check out some of my other posts of Thailand travel tips and destinations;
- The epic koh samui sunday night market
- How to do the 4 island tour Krabi, Thailand
- Maya Bay Thailand
- How to get from Ao Nang to Koh Lanta (ferry, taxi, van)