Discovering Double Six Beach
Table of Contents
Double Six Beach is a must-visit destination with its long and wide sandy shorelines perfect for sunbathing, swimming, and surfing crystal clear waters.
If you’re keen to explore the area, there are plenty of bars, restaurants, and shops nearby where you can indulge in some retail therapy, grab a bite to eat or have a refreshing drink.
Whether you’re travelling with family, friends, or solo, Double Six Beach offers something for everyone.
So pack your bags, grab your swimsuits and sunscreen, and get ready for a thrilling adventure at Bali’s beautiful Double Six Beach!
This gorgeous stretch of sand is part of Seminyak Beach and spans 500 meters. What’s cool is that it connects the northernmost strip of Legian, also known as Blue Ocean Beach, to the southernmost beachfront of Seminyak.
But that’s not all, running parallel to the beach is a section of Jalan Double Six. This lively street is lined with some of the hippest bars and restaurants in the area.
It’s the perfect spot to grab a refreshing drink or a bite to eat after a long day of soaking up the sun and waves.
Personally, I think the location of Double Six Beach is unbeatable. It’s convenient, accessible, and offers plenty of options for food and drinks.
I highly recommend taking a stroll down Jalan Double Six and checking out the local hotspots.
There are several transportation options available, depending on where you’re coming from.
Here are some transportation options to get to Double Six Beach in Bali:
- Taxi: If you’re arriving from Ngurah Rai International Airport, taking a taxi is the most convenient option. The one-way trip costs around $10-14, but make sure to confirm the price with your driver before getting in.
- Private car and driver: Hiring a private car and driver for the day is a great way to explore other parts of Bali. The prices usually range from $35-50 per day.
- Walking, bike or scooter rental, or ride-hailing service: If you’re already in the Seminyak or Legian area, getting to Double Six Beach is super easy. You can walk, rent a bike or scooter, or hail a taxi or ride-hailing service like Grab. The costs for bike or scooter rentals usually range from $3.5-5.5 per day.
Personally, I recommend renting a scooter or bike to get around the area. It’s a convenient and affordable way to explore Double Six Beach and other nearby attractions.
But always remember to drive safely and wear a helmet!
Best Time To Visit
The best time to visit Double Six Beach in Bali is during the dry season, which runs from May to September. During these months, you can expect clear skies, warm temperatures, and lower humidity levels, making it perfect for soaking up the sun on the beach.
If you’re looking to avoid the crowds, it’s best to visit Double Six Beach outside of the peak tourist season, which runs from June to August.
Personally, I love visiting Double Six Beach in the early morning or late afternoon when the crowds have thinned out, and the light is perfect for taking stunning photos.
Watching the sunset over the ocean is truly magical and one of my favourite things to do at this beach.
Double Six Beach Activities
Double Six Beach is a great destination for tourists who love to soak up the sun and enjoy the water activities.
Here are some of the best activities to try out at Double Six Beach:
Double Six Beach is a popular destination for surfers of all levels.
If you’re looking for a fun and challenging activity, surfing is definitely worth a try. The beach has a variety of breaks that cater to both beginners and experienced surfers.
- Renting a surfboard: If you have prior experience in surfing, you can rent a surfboard from one of the many rental shops near the beach. The cost typically ranges from $3-7 per hour.
- Surfing lessons: If you’re a beginner or want to improve your skills, it’s a good idea to take lessons with a local surf school. The lessons are usually conducted in groups and last for 2-3 hours. The cost of lessons can range from $20-40 per person, depending on the duration and the number of people in the group.
Double Six Beach offers calm and clear waters that are perfect for swimming. However, it’s important to be cautious of the strong currents during high tide.
Always check the tide schedule and avoid swimming during high tide when the currents are strongest. It’s also a good idea to stay within the designated swimming area marked by flags for your safety.
One of the most popular activities on Double Six Beach is sunbathing.
The beach is lined with sun loungers and umbrellas that you can rent for a fee. You can also bring your own beach towel and find a spot to lay out in the sun.
- Renting a lounger: You can rent a lounger and umbrella from one of the many vendors on the beach. The cost is usually around $3-7 per day, depending on the location and the time of day.
Double Six Beach is an ideal spot for beach volleyball enthusiasts. Playing beach volleyball is a great way to bond with friends and family while getting a good workout in the sun.
Double Six Beach offers some of the most spectacular sunsets in Bali. Grab a drink and sit back to watch the sky turn orange and pink.
The best spot to catch the sunset at Double Six Beach is along the western part of the beach where you can see the sun dip into the horizon. You can also watch the sunset from one of the beachfront bars or restaurants.
Double Six Beach is home to some of the best beach clubs in Bali. These clubs offer a range of activities, including live music, DJ performances, and delicious food and drinks.
One of the most popular beach clubs in Double Six Beach is La Plancha, known for its colourful bean bags and parasols.
This beach club offers a relaxed and lively atmosphere, with live music and DJ performances almost every night. Their menu offers a range of food and drinks, including local and international cuisine, cocktails, and mocktails.
Keep in mind that La Plancha does not charge an entrance fee, but food and drink prices can be higher compared to other beach clubs in the area.
If you’re planning to stay near Double Six Beach, you’ll be pleased to know that there are a variety of accommodation options to choose from.
Here are some nearby hotels that I recommend:
- Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort
- Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak
- Blu-Zea Resort by Double-Six
Check out my latest post on Seminyak hotels to discover the best places to stay for your next Bali vacation.
There are plenty of great dining options near Double Six Beach that cater to all tastes and budgets.
Here are some of my personal favorites:
- La Plancha [Bar, Seafood, Grill]
- K Resto [Italian, Seafood, International]
- Rooftop Sunset Bar at Double-Six [Bar, European, Indonesian]
When you visit Double Six Beach in Bali, there are plenty of nearby attractions to explore.
Here are a few of my personal favorites:
- Positive Negative Visual Gallery
- Seminyak Beach
- Nacivet Art Gallery
Discover a variety of fun and unique experiences by exploring the best things to do in Seminyak.