CRYSTAL BAY NUSA PENIDA, BALI – A TRAVEL GUIDE
Sand stretching over 200 meters and water as clear as crystal, the Crystal Bay Nusa Penida is one of the sweetest beaches in Bali for you to explore. This Nusa Penida beach is located in the west coast of Nusa Penidaand is ranked as one of the top tourist destinations on the island. We spend a good few hours on this epic beach before exploring some more of Nusa Penida on the scooter.
The Crystal bay beach is a quiet arc of white sand with a background of shrubs and plants sprouting from rocks. Another of the reasons contributing to the popularity of the island are its beautiful sunsets. The Crystal Bay beach sunset is often crowded as people from all over the island come to this part of the island to checkout the breathtaking view. Another popular place is the broken beach on Nusa Penida which another epic beach.
Like several other beaches on Nusa Penida, the Crystal Bay beach too is a cool spot for snorkelling and other water sports. Thus, you can both relax in the sand here and enjoy the serendipity. Or even get an adrenaline rush by jumping off a cliff. The island should be your go-to location if you’re planning for a vacation to Nusa Penida any time soon.
How to get to the Crystal Bay Beach?
Getting from Bali to Nusa Penida – To get to the Crystal Bay beach you would first have to reach Nusa Penida which is in the southeast of Bali. One could easily get a fast boat from the several ports in mainland Bali such as the speedboat from Sanur to the Nusa island. Also a regular speed boat can also be taken. These boats are easily available and go back and forth Bali, Nusa Penida and the islands surrounding Nusa Penida (Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan. The ticket for the boat costs IDR (175,000 which is US $12 per person).
Book Ticket: The fast boat tour from Bali (Sanur) to Nusa Penida.
The distance between Bali and Nusa Penida is 40-50 minutes long. However, ups and downs can take place given to the weather conditions which are highly unpredictable on the island.
Renting a scooter on Nusa Penida – If you’re looking for an adventurous ride, then you should definitely opt for renting a bike. This is definitely the best way to get around Nusa Penida. This costs around IDR 50,000 and is easily rentable straight from the harbor. However, be careful as roads in Nusa Penida are narrow and can get pretty crazy in places. But you’ll be all good if you take your time.
how to find crystal bay Nusa Penida – The Crystal Bay beach is situated in the village of Sakti in Nusa Penida. Most of the tourists visiting the island stay near Toyapakeh which is a 30-minute ride to the Crystal Bay beach. Entry for the Crystal Bay is free of cost, however there are certain parking charges. For cars it’s IDR 5.000 and for scooters it is IDR 2.000.
- The ride is smooth and as beautiful as the destination is. The journey to the beach has towering palm trees everwhere. The palm trees always make a cool photo for Instagram. The ride is serene and a perfect teaser before reaching the beach. The journey might be even better if it’s on a motor bike. As the cool wind blows in your face, the palm trees soothe you not only physically but also spiritually.
- The beach has a parking lot and several small bars as well. Tourists can be seen enjoying the view with their beers. Going down to the beach, you can rent a lounge or a chair with an umbrella. And then just chill out and watch the epic crystal bay beach sunset.
- Although conventionally beaches are meant for a relaxing swim and sunbathes, however just like its unique name, the Crystal Bay is not just any beach. Apart from having the most crystal clear water than anywhere else, it has a lot of other activities in store for people visiting.
Some of the activities that you can do at the Crystal Bay Nusa Penida
Here is list of awesome things to do:
Crystal bay beach Snorkeling or Diving
Apart from clear blue waters, Crystal Bay has sweet marine life. The most popular fish to be found there is the Mola Mola (Sunfish). If you know how to swim and want to explore the marine life, then this is one of the best beaches on Nusa Penida to can gain this experience at.
Underwater diving at Crystal bay with Sunfish is said to be one of the most remarkable experiences of the trip. These fish are big in size and though are found in deep waters, they sometimes surface near the shores. The months where you’re most likely to meet the fish is between July and September. Also, if you want to record your experience, bring a Go Pro with yourself as you dive into the crystal waters. Check out the epic Atuh beach Nusa Penida another top place on this epic Bali island
Get mesmerised by the beautiful crystal bay beach sunsets
One of the best places to watch a sunset from in entire Bali is the Crystal Bay beach and Kelingking beach. In fact, the beach is known for its sunsets more than for the beach it is. If you are visiting the beach in the evening, you would see tourists and locals in huge amounts gathered on the beach with beer in their hands getting lost in the beauty of the sun setting down behind the waves.
The view in front of you would look nothing like real. The sky would become a canvas painted in hues of oranges and yellows. That moment is going to remain etched in your memory forever. You’re watching a sunset in paradise, make sure you savour the moment forever!
Hike to get an aerial view
If you have soaked in the hot Bali weather on the beach, then this is the perfect option to give you a bit of an adrenaline rush. Heading towards the left side of the bay is a trail that leads to the next bay. The trail leads to a hill. Trekking to the top of the hill would require a lot of fat burning, but it would reward you an aerial view of the entire island. Another breathtaking view you can take back home with you! If you like hikes you should do the Peguyangan waterfall Nusa Penida hike which is another stunning place to see.
Have you seen the amazing Angel’s Billabong on your travels?
Explore the Hindu Temple
Sitting on the beach you would might come across a Hindu Temple on the top of a small island in the bay. A set of stairs emerging from water lead you to the temple. However, the temple is said to be isolated on most days except religious events. So if you’re planning on getting some insight on it, make sure you talk to a local prior.
Make perfect use of your photography skills
The Crystal Bay beach is a photographers’ paradise. Make sure you have your phone and camera batteries charged full before heading to the bay. You can take amazing pictures for your Instagram feed. Not only at the bay, but several pictures can also be taken on the way under the palm trees. And the sunset is a given. Not just for your social media, but these pictures can also be the bittersweet reminder of the amazing time you had at the beach.
Hotels on Nusa Penida
Are you looking for places to stay on Nusa Penida? Well don’t worry you won’t have to look very far. There a lots of places available. However, you need to make sure you have the right place to make the most out of your visit to Nusa Penida. For example there are some shocking hotels that offer bad service, bad quailty and overall a bad place to sleep. But don’t worry I have created a list of the best accommodation on Nusa Penida for you to stay.
- The Rumah Treehouse is one one of the most popular places to stay on Nusa Penida. The Ruma treehouse is amazing and you should try and stay here for at least one night.
- Bintang Bungalows Nusa Penida – Yoy will have a great time in this hotel. It is in a great location, close to the main attractions on Nusa Penida. The staff are very keen to help you booking activities or renting scooters and give advice on where to go and what to do on Nusa Penida. The food from the hotel is local and tasty. Also the rooms a very clean and it feels warm to stay in them. This is definitely one of the best places to stay on Nusa Penida.
- Krisna Guest House Nusa Penida – This amazing guesthouse on Nusa Penida is a great place to stay for staying just a few nights on the island. There is fast WiFi., which is unusual for hotels on Nusa Penida and there is also great TV available. There is large shower rooms available in all rooms and comfortable beds to sleep in. Breakfast is also provided in the morning and its real tasty. This hotel also offers a small pool to use for guests and there is an in-house restaurant for a good price. Overall this is satisfying accommodation on Nusa Penida.
Apart from all these activities, the most basic thing you can do at the Crystal Bay is to relax and take in the beautiful view. The island can be overwhelming for first timers, because its beauty hits you like a tornado. This is why the island is called heaven on Earth. For some tourists, all they want to do is sit back on their chairs under the umbrella, close their eyes and let the crashing waves and cold wind sooth them. Doing this would not just provide you the perfect peace of mind, but also help you spiritually reconnect with yourself.
Because of its white sand and clear waters this beach on Nusa is known for being one of the best snorkelling and diving spots on Nusa Penida. However, for those people who do not know how to swim, the beach has the best sunset views. A good beer, cold water and a perfect sunset – what else does one need on a vacation?!
Check out the best things to do on Nusa Penida.