A guide to the Bali botanic gardens, Indonesia
The Bali Botanic gardens is Indonesia’s largest botanic garden and one of the top places to visit in Bali if you enjoy amazing views and flowers. This is a really cool place to visit if you enjoy walking and like venturing outdoors on a summers day. There is the Bali and Ubud botanic gardens which are both completely different. The Bali one is the botanic garden you want to visit, as it is the best.
Why visit the Bali botanic gardens? If you enjoy amazing and colourful scenery, want to learn about Balinese culture and want to take a walk through one of Indonesia’s best botanic gardens. Then this is the place you need to visit. For a small entrance fee to the Botanic gardens in Bali, you will get hours of fun.
If you are looking for a cool outdoor activity in Ubud, then this is the place to visit. The only downfall is that if you’re staying in the popular Ubud, then you will have to do an hour journey from Ubud to the botanic garden. But we will cover that within the post.
Let’s look what’s in this post for you;
- How to get to the Botanic Gardens
- The botanic gardens entrance fee
- A guide to the gardens
- Other places to visit in Bali
How to get to the Bali botanic gardens
Where is the botanic garden Bali? These amazing gardens are found in central Bali, in the mountainous region of Bedugul. So, you have a few ways of travelling around Bali and to the gardens. Let’s look at the best ways to get around Bali;
- Scooter – This is my favourite and cheapest way travel in Bali. You can hire a scooter in Bali for $3 a day and fill the gas up for $1. Cheaper than one beer back home. The traffic can be tricky sometimes in peak times. Therefore, if you’re new to scooter riding be sure to take your time.
- Hire a car – Car hire in Bali can be a good way to get around if you’re not big into scooters or motorbikes and want your own freedom. Prices vary for car hire, but you can get a day hire for _
- Taxi – if you’re staying in Ubud or anywhere else in Bali, you can get a taxi to the botanic gardens. This is a great way if you can be ar**d driving around yourself. Typically you can get pretty far in Bali for $10 in a taxi.
If you’re driving from Denpasar to the botanic gardens in Bali, it’s around a 80/90 minute drive depending on the traffic.
The Botanic gardens entrance fee
Like all things to do in Bali the price is never too much. This same rule applies to the Botanic gardens.
The actual botanic gardens Bali entrance cost is;
- for locals entrance is 11,000 IDR Unless your Indonesian you won’t get it for this rate.
- For all tourists the botanic garden entrance cost is 20,000 IDR
There is also parking available if you have made your own way to the gardens. Parking at the botanic gardens is (3000 IDR) for scooters and (6000 IDR) for cars.
What is the botanic gardens in Bali
We as tourist know them as the botanic gardens Bali. However, like most other popular tourists spots. The locals have a different name – Kebun Raya Eka Karya Bedugul.
Why should we visit them? It’s always been known that plants have a relaxing and natural Ora that is good to be around. As my nan always said 🙂
The gardens are amazing and it’s no wonder this is one of the best botanical gardens in Indonesia. You can spend hours here just amazed at the stunning scenery!
But it is true. Being in the botanic gardens in the sunny Bali weather is a mega day out. Also, you will receive the educational side of it. The botanic gardens are not just a pretty side. There is actually scientific research going into the plants. You will get to learn how the Balinese use the plants within their culture for day-to-day living.
Whilst walking around the gardens you will get to things like the epic greenhouses they use. Also, things like the library is really cool to check out.
If you like amazing scenery you should check out the awesome Bedugul in Bali. What is the Bali Bedugul? This is an amazing mountain lake resort area that is located in the amazing Bali as well as the epic Botanic gardens.
If you’re on a family holiday to Bali. This is a good place to bring the children. Let them learn how the locals use the natural resources to benefit their lives. Plus it’s a sweet setting with the stunning surroundings. And it’s a good way to stay active whilst getting your daily steps in.
If you’re looking for a unique thing to do in Bali then this is it. The Botanic gardens in Bali are one those great ways to spend a few hours walking, talking and taking in the amazing scenery.
For the little entrance fee to the botanic gardens, you get a lot more in value given back. Getting to learn about local Balinese culture is priceless.
Other things to see in Bali
- Tegallalang rice terraces Ubud
- Bali monkey forest
- Pura Tirta Empul
- Best things to do in Ubud
- Jungle Fish Ubud
- Bali swing in Ubud