The Best Phi Phi Viewpoints
One of the best things to do on Phi Phi Island is to visit the awesome Phi Phi viewpoints. Such as Phi Phi viewpoint 1 and 2, and other epic points on the island. You can get the most beautiful and memorable pictures for your trips, smashing Instagram. The best viewpoints on Phi Phi are a formation of 2 enormous mountains with divided a strip of sand. There are many hotels and rooms near the strip of sand. You will have seen the typical photo from the best Phi Phi island viewpoints. There is more than one viewpoint of Koh Phi Phi. The elevation of viewpoints on Phi Phi start from 173 meters to 568 meters and it is a 1.4 – 1.9 miles hike. So expect a sweet Phi Phi viewpoint hike.
A popular place to stay is the Phi Phi viewpoint resort. This epic accommodation on Phi Phi is perfect for those of you looking for a room with an amazing view. I will cover everything you need to know about the viewpoint resort on Phi Phi within this post.
We did an overnight stay on Phi Phi and got to see some sweet things on the amazing island, from the Phi Phi private boat tour to the amazing snorkelling on Phi Phi, There is something on this epic Thai island for everybody. So you want to know about the viewpoints on Phi Phi? Let’s have a look whats in this post
- Koh Phi Phi island viewpoints 1
- Koh Phi Phi viewpoint 2
- Other ways of viewing the Koh Phi Phi Viewpoint
- Viewpoint 3 on Phi Phi island
- Phi Phi Tsunami Viewpoint
- Phi Phi Viewpoint hike to Loh Lana & Loh Bagao Viewpoint
- Rantee Viewpoint
- Things you need to know for visiting the Phi Phi Don viewpoints
- Other ways of viewing the Koh Phi Phi top Viewpoints
Koh Phi Phi Viewpoint 1
To reach the viewpoint 1 on Phi Phi you have to start from Tonsai Village and follow the Tsunami Evacuation Route to viewpoint 1 signs. While you hike all the way up to the viewpoint, during the hike you will find some places to rest and make photos. The hike covered with colossal greenery.
This is one of the best viewpoints on Phi Phi to hike to, make sure you take water and the good ‘ol’ camera.
The trial also has some concrete statues of chickens and little animals and also has wooden sign boards saying, ‘I Love Phi Phi’. There is no way that one can get lost during the hike as there are many sign boards showing the direction. Phi Phi viewpoint 1 is one of the best in the island.
The trail is a paved pathway so don’t have to worry about getting lost as well.
There is an entrance fee to viewpoint 1 which only (30 Bahts). You will landscape gardens and a terrace. This also covers the viewpoint 2 and viewpoint 3. There are also public toilets and small shops that sell water and snacks. It is just a 30 to 45 minutes hike.
Phi Phi Viewpoint 2
After you reach the Phi Phi viewpoint 1 there is another 15 to 20 minutes hike to the Phi Phi viewpoint 2. It has the same sign boards to guide you and has the same pathway for your ease. Although it gets a little steeper than viewpoint 1 but the second viewpoint is worth the climb.
The viewing area of this viewpoint is a little smaller than the viewpoint 1 so if you don’t want to get stuck in a crowd you will have to leave a little early. Viewpoint also has a café and small stalls for refreshment and snacks.
The entrance fee to viewpoint 1 gets you access to viewpoint 2 also.
Viewpoint 3 on Phi Phi
If you have made it this far, then you must go for 3rd and last viewpoint. The hike to this last viewpoint is the steeper as compared to the previous 2 viewpoints. Also, this viewpoint has less crowd as people set back after viewpoint 2. To get the best view and conquer the Koh Phi Phi viewpoints you must hike it. It is almost like a private area with small cafes.
This viewpoint has another 20 Bahts fees which is worth paying as the views are so eye catching. With the fee you are warmly welcomed with a free water bottle. At this point you cannot take any alcohol with you or you will be fined with 1000 Bahts. There are also sign boards here that say, ‘private area’. You can get the best view of sunset from this viewpoint. And the temperature also cools down, you chill here after a sweaty hike.
Check out the Phi Phi nightlife guide,
Phi Phi Tsunami Viewpoint
Behind the Koh Phi Phi Don village, up there goes a concrete road that pasts by the Bamboo Mountain Resort. It is a small village built for people by the Thai Govt. these houses are given to the Tsunami victims in 2004. You get to the top in 10 to 20 minutes. While you hike to the top you see the exotic views of Bamboo Island and Krabi. You can also see the viewpoint of Tonsai and Loh Dalum. Near the viewpoint you see a small café where you can get snacks and water.
Phi Phi Viewpoint hike to Loh Lana & Loh Bagao Viewpoint
When you get to all the viewpoints and you still want to explore more scenic views you must carry on to hike towards Lana Bay.
It is highly inclined 2 hours hike. You must take a local guide with you as there are very less sign boards. You don’t need to hike back to your hotels, from Lana Bay you can hire long tail boat and reach directly at Tonsai Village.
Rantee Beach Viewpoint
If you are a hiker, then you must hike to the Rantee beach. After coming back from the viewpoints, you can hike to this beach the very next day. It is on the other side of the hill. The best thing about Rantee Beach is that it has smaller beaches that you can cover, they are; Ao Tohko, Paknam and Bakao beach. All these are side by side distant hike to 1 hour or 30 minutes. It is best that you take a local guide with you. The local guide can be requested by the hotel management or you could ask around. The local guide fee or charges can be bargained. It is best that you take lots of water when you hike towards the Rantee Beach.
Watch The Sunset on Phi Phi Island
Do you want to watch an awesome sunset?
Check out the amazing sunset whilst visiting Phi Phi. You can sit back with a cocktail and watch the sun go down.
Where is the best place to watch the sunset on Phi Phi? There is a few places to watch the sunset such as; Panorama viewpoint and the beach bar. The best to watch it, is the panorama viewpoint. However, the easiest and most popular place to watch it is the Loh Dalum Bay.
#Loh Dalum Bay
This is the perfect place for happy hour and its easy access makes it one of the most popular places to watch the sunset on Phi Phi.
Where is Loh Dalum Bay?
Tip – Drinks on Loh Dalum bay will cost around (80 BHT).
Things you need to know for visiting the Phi Phi viewpoints
Here are some important do’s and don’ts of hiking to the Phi Phi best viewpoints:
- Don’t forget to get the sunscreen, since it is very hot you don’t need to get a sunburn.
- Don’t forget a cap or a hat.
- Since it is a tropical area, you will have to carry a mosquito spray along.
- While going on a hike, you must wear a nice pair of non-slippery sneakers. Although the path is paved but still extra precaution is always best. And you need cash for the viewpoint 1 and viewpoint 3 entrance fee.
- During your hike, even if you get a free water bottle, to increase your metabolism you need to eat and for this you need to carry some cash with you.
- It gets really hot while hiking so you will be needing lots of water with you.
- Last be the least, if you are hung over because of last night, you might better take a day off.
- If you have some breathing or any other plant allergy you must take your medicines along.
- If you are planning stay till sunset you must keep a flashlight with you.
- You must keep your phones charged and if by any chance your battery runs out, you must keep a charged power bank at all times.
- If you have a toddler, you must consider taking the taxi.
- To get less crowd on the viewpoints you must leave early morning.
How to get to the Koh Phi Phi Viewpoints
If you not a hiking lover or you got late for the hike and hitting the viewpoints is your thing to do in Phi Phi, you can visit the viewpoints by other ways;
- Bike: just like taxi you can also rent a dirt bike with or without a rider. Without a rider you need to show your hotel room booking and pay some advance as well. And if you want a rider with you, you can negotiate the fare.
- Road: if you don’t want to hike a steep way and still want to walk your way to the viewpoints you can also reach the viewpoints by the road. It is a little longer way to get to the viewpoints but it is not steep and it requires very less effort. Going through the road you can see the houses and homes of the locals.
- Stairs: the stairs here are referred to the trails. The trails are paved like steps and it is the most frequently used medium to get to the viewpoints. These stairs are made up of concrete stairs. These steps are very steep.
Where to stay on Phi Phi
If you are looking for a luxury place to stay on the Phi Phi island. You’re in look, there some amazing hotels on Phi Phi.
One of the best places to stay is the amazing Phi Phi island village beach resort is one of the best places to stay on Phi Phi. The grounds here are picturesque , the ocean view is amazing and the service here is the best of the best. You will feel like a king or queen at this amazing accommodation. You will truly be looked after and feel special during your time here. There are plenty of places to stay on this top Thai island, but hands down the village beach resort is one of the best and most popular.
Book a room: Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort
The Bay View Resort is a sweet honeymoon place to stay on Phi Phi. The friendly staff here really go an extra mile to be sure you are having peace and pleasure. This top hotel on Phi Phi has a great view, clean rooms, hot water and amazing staff. If you are looking for a top place to stay on Phi Phi, you will be happy with booking a room a room at the Bay View Resort.
Book a room: Phi Phi Bay View Resort
The Phi Phi viewpoint resort is an place to stay, rooms are well appointed, clean and well maintained. The pool is an epic place to chill out and you will be glad to know towels are free from reception. If you are a backpacker on a budge, don’t worry you can stay here for cheap (happy days). Also, if you are on a luxury holiday to Phi Phi, this is still a mega place to stay. The views at the Phi Phi resort are amazing.
Book a room: Phi Phi viewpoint resort
If you are staying on the Phi Phi island, then you have you to visit the awesome viewpoints on Phi Phi. This is one of the best ways to see what this amazing island has to offer in regard to natural beauty.
One of the most popular places to visit is Maya Bay, but the viewpoints offer just as good views in some places.